Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Colin Campbell, you still suck like Jenna!

The only thing more ridiculous than his decision to suspend Carcilo ( goon ) and not Cammileri ( scorer) for identical infractions has been his insulting and pathetic attempts to justify it. This guy continues to be an embarrassment and continues to make the NHL look like a joke.

April 18, 2009 at 6:55 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Couldn't agree more. If I hear one more announcer like Bob Mckenzie who I like say "He's got one of the toughest jobs in
Hockey" horsecrap again I think I'll just puke.
Colie Campbell as they call this douche bag is one of the most gutless executives I've ever seen he's totally pathetic.

If anyone has a different from us please post that view I'd love to hear if anyone likes this piece of _____.

April 18, 2009 at 7:17 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

"I love him. He's got no hair and he makes me look good."

~ Gary Butthead

;-)

April 18, 2009 at 9:52 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

Sometimes I wonder if he is Jenna.......what a dumbass.......

April 23, 2009 at 2:24 PM | Registered CommenterGranNy

Ehhh Cam's elbow was in the middle of the game and the Hawks got a PP because of it. Carcillo was sent out to PK(something he never does) with one second left during a 5 on 3. I agree with the no suspension, hits like that happen all the time. The media has just making a big deal out of it these past few years.

April 23, 2009 at 3:44 PM | Registered CommenterLego

it wasn't an elbow, it was a punch to the head, and the time of the incident shouldn't matter. it's either a suspendable offense or it isn't. don't kid yourself, it had nothing to do with the situation and everything to do with cammeleri being a star player and carcillo being a goon. that has been the case in the league for years. stars get preferential treatment when it comes to discipline.

April 23, 2009 at 6:52 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Well the Stars sell the game and goons are just there to start sh*t. I think the timing had a lot to do with it, Carcillo would've just gotten a penalty if the Flyers hadn't been 'sending' a message that whole last minute of the game. If it happened in the 2nd nothing would've happened. Cam's was in the heat of the moment and Havlat had been talking trash to him all game long. There will always be a different standard when it comes to end game antics and the 'heat of the battle'. Same goes with stars and goons.

April 24, 2009 at 11:19 AM | Registered CommenterLego

Goons sell the game too. Grats was more popular than Spezza during their time in Bingo by a mile. Of course, it helped that Grats was too slow to dangle.

April 25, 2009 at 8:43 AM | Registered Commenterpucknut

Campbell just doesn't want to piss off the important owners and GMs. Losing Carcillo won't hurt the Flyers, but suspending a scorer could put his job in jeopardy. Same reasoning for why Islanders players always get longer suspensions than any other team in the league. Their owner and GM have no standing in the league. If he handed down a huge suspension to someone on the Leafs he would be gone.

April 25, 2009 at 8:45 AM | Registered Commenterpucknut

Well to be completely fair to Campbell, when he suspends players he has the safety of other players in mind, and a guy like Carcillo is much more likely to repeat that incident than a guy like Cammalleri. Both incidents may be exactly the same but you have to consider history and reputation (by this i don't mean star status) when suspending people. Who is more dangerous to other players, Carcillo or Cammelleri? Easily Carcillo, he may not be Chris Simon but he has that goon-like reputation, where as Cammalleri is a scorer who doesn't have any sort of history of dirty play and will probably never do anything like this again. Carcillo's incident also happened at the end of the game and he was trying to send a message, something the NHL wanted to take a stand on. Cammalleri's came during the middle of the game and really have no affect on Havlat.

April 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM | Registered CommenterRacinette

But the whole point of having suspensions is to be a deterrent to stop the head shots. If you only suspend some guys and not others, than whats the point? That's like saying teenagers can't break the speed limit, but old farts can. The high scorers may do it less often, but its still just as dangerous. If the only reason of suspending is to keep goons off the ice, than just ban them from the game altogether and we can enjoy soccer on ice.

April 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut

I agree that the whole point of having suspensions is to be a deterrent to eliminate cheap shots and other things, but suspending a guy like Cammalleri, who is not known for cheap shots, doesn't solve the problem. If the game is to progress and eliminate cheap shots, the nhl needs to focus on the guys who are a bigger threat, like Carcillo, since they are the ones who are much more likely to do it again. Suspending one time guys like Cammalleri isn't as important unless a trend starts. That said I agree that he probably should have been suspended, but the point I'm trying to make is that not suspending him isn't that important in the big picture.

April 25, 2009 at 8:29 PM | Registered CommenterRacinette

I disagree. I think suspending the one time guys is just as important, otherwise guys will think they can have a freebie. I don't want any doublestandards in the league. The same is true of who gets hit as well. If Cam had done that exact same hit on someone like Crosby, he would have been hit. If he was on TSN, in Toronto, and done it to a Leaf, he would have been suspended. The league turns a blind a eye too often and hands out suspensions with no consistency. This is a terrible way to run a league.

Guys like Carcillo should should get longer suspensions when they have repeat offenses, but the first offense should be the same for everyone.

April 26, 2009 at 11:16 AM | Registered Commenterpucknut

But if other players start doing stuff like this then the nhl should respond accordingly. However that's not the way it is right now, and I think that a player like Cam, who is not likely to repeat this incident, isn't the kind of player who would do it just because he could get away with it. This is why i feel it doesn't matter that he was not suspended, because in the end (suspension or no suspension) Cam has learned his lesson, and Keenan probably made sure of this. Again if players like Cam start doing this stuff more often, then it has become a problem and what i have said no longer applies, but right now that's not how it is. They both probably should have been suspended but at least Campbell got the guy who matters, the more dangerous Carcillo (Let's not forget his incident was also worse), where as Cam's suspension would have just been symbolic. I am not saying I don't think Cam should have been suspended, I'm just saying the fact he wasn't suspended isn't as important when there are much more dangerous players the nhl needs to worry about.

April 26, 2009 at 5:22 PM | Registered CommenterRacinette