Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Which game are you going to watch?

It's the most wonderful time of the year! NHL playoffs! Although i admit i would be more excited had our beloved Sens squeaked by the cut, there are some great first round matchups.

CBC is carrying Pens/Flyers, TSN has Rangers/Caps, and TSN2 will cover Devils/Hurricanes. I will probably be watching the Caps/Rangers because of the Ovechkin factor (i also want to see how bad he can exploit Redden).

So what game is everyone most interested in?

April 15, 2009 at 4:39 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Don't know what game I'll be watching... I'm thinking the Battle of Pennsylvania might be the most exciting one to watch. I'll be flipping channels all night long I think...

April 15, 2009 at 4:52 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

I'll start out with the Caps game but will like go between that and the Flyers game. Of course since I am a Rogers customer I don't get the option of watching games on TSN2.

April 15, 2009 at 7:04 PM | Registered CommenterSpaceman

It's 3am here - ESPN America are showing CBC coverage - so it's Pens v Flyers for me.

Really looking forward to Crosby v Richards - despite that horrific dream metaphor at top of show

April 15, 2009 at 7:05 PM | Registered CommenterManchICEter

CBC doesn't even have the Pens game in HD. Cheap bastards.

April 15, 2009 at 7:15 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Sharks vs. the hated Ducks is the matchup I'm following. If the Sharks gag again this year and don't even get out of the
first round it will interesting to see how the Sharks make changes. Thornton and Nabakov are under the hot glare this year
especially if they don't advance to at least the Conference Finals.

April 15, 2009 at 7:16 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Man, the fans in washington are going insane!

April 15, 2009 at 7:16 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Heh heh heh, I bet Redden just wet himself seeing Bradley flatten Mara on the forecheck...

April 15, 2009 at 7:22 PM | Registered CommenterSpaceman

"CBC doesn't even have the Pens game in HD. Cheap bastards."

In Abu Dhabi we're lucky to get it in D, let alone HD - they built a load of illegal apartments on roof of our building and moved the satellite dishes to the one corner of the roof where the signal's really bad.

April 15, 2009 at 7:33 PM | Registered CommenterManchICEter

I will be watching the Caps V. Rangers. Im sure that Alex Ovechkin will score some nice goals

April 15, 2009 at 7:46 PM | Registered CommenterHomer Simpson

I'm recording the Pens-Flyers game and the Caps-Rangers game. Which one is more exciting? I'll only have time to watch one of the games tonight.

April 15, 2009 at 8:07 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

OMG Thedore sucks ass!

April 15, 2009 at 8:33 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Who is the backup for Washington?

April 15, 2009 at 8:35 PM | Registered CommenterHomer Simpson

The good thing about watching the Pens-Flyers game is that Dean and Gary are calling the game...

Actually, listening to them... is... kind of... GOD THE SENS BETTER MAKE THE PLAYOFFS NEXT HEAR!!!

April 15, 2009 at 8:51 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

The Pens-Flyers game is not worth watching, watch the Rangers-Caps game it's much better.

April 15, 2009 at 9:29 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Coconuts go! 2-0 after a blast from Salo - 7.20am here, in-laws have just got in cab to airport so it's all good.

April 15, 2009 at 11:20 PM | Registered CommenterManchICEter

the nucks-blues games is na-sty!

April 16, 2009 at 12:08 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I have to admit, a part of me is rooting for the Blues. Im a big fan of what they've accomplished this year, and id love to see them take Van to 7.

April 16, 2009 at 12:41 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

God dammit! I can't believe the stinking vile Rangers beat the caps! WTF!?!?!? Theodore was pretty bad, he's definitely their achilles heel.

April 16, 2009 at 12:44 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Theodore was craptacular... who is their backup.

April 16, 2009 at 1:37 AM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

Simeon Varlamov or Michal Neuvirth, not sure which they've kept on the playoff roster probably Varlamov

April 16, 2009 at 3:39 AM | Registered CommenterCooper

I believe Brent Johnson is back on the roster as the Caps' backup. And Jose Theodore is not the only weakness the Capitals have. They will most likely beat the Rangers (if they don't... wow...), but they're not going to win the East this year. They're just not good enough.

It's gonna take a perfect storm for an East team to win the cup this year. I flipped around tonight and the Blues-Canucks game made the other 3 look like a women's league. And the Blues aren't even THAT good. SJ / Ana should be a wild one.

April 16, 2009 at 4:19 AM | Registered Commenterpitlick

nah Johnson's not quite back from injury just yet, I had a look and it was Varlamov backing up Wed. night.

I only got a chance to see the two on the CBC (no cable/sat on my portable), but yeah the Canucks v Blues was the more entertaining of the two.

April 16, 2009 at 5:19 AM | Registered CommenterCooper