Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > New site... new forums!

Well guys... here it is.

So what do you think?

April 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM | Registered CommenterShredder

Definitely a shock at first, I'll say that much. I'll have to (ab)use it a bit to see how much I like it. Already missing my post count minor bit of validation.

April 14, 2009 at 5:42 AM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

Ahh... who needs post counts. All it does is intimates the long time lurkers from posting.

April 14, 2009 at 9:50 AM | Registered CommenterShredder

Looks good so far........setting up the account was easier on this site than the old.

April 14, 2009 at 11:01 AM | Registered CommenterLumpy1

Hmmm, I like it!

April 14, 2009 at 11:20 AM | Registered CommenterD-cloux

I'm loving it like the new MAC WRAP (plug)!

April 14, 2009 at 11:51 AM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

Derek and Sean, you guys should change your display names... unless of course you don't mind having you full names displayed in your posts.

April 14, 2009 at 11:52 AM | Registered CommenterShredder

I like the FAQ question...

WHERE IS THE FAQ?

That's GOLD Shredder!

April 14, 2009 at 11:53 AM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

I'm loving it like the new MAC WRAP (plug)!

Thanks I think??? Is that sarcasm?

April 14, 2009 at 11:53 AM | Registered CommenterShredder

No I love the new Wraps.... I get them to put a full patty in it for no extra cost. Otherwise you have to buy two to get a full patty of "meat"

April 14, 2009 at 11:56 AM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

I like the FAQ question...

WHERE IS THE FAQ?

That's GOLD Shredder!

You should have seen the stuff I wrote in the FAQ when I was testing the site. I was debating leaving it there for a good laugh... especially the answer to, "How do I subscribe to the Podcast?".

April 14, 2009 at 11:57 AM | Registered CommenterShredder

We'll have to have a Columbus game thread just to be sure but I do consider this forum much smoother

April 14, 2009 at 11:59 AM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

BTW, not only can you subscribe to the Forums page in general but if you prefer, you can subscribe to a particular thread. This can come in handy if you post a topic and want all the replies to that thread e-mailed to you.

Or... if you can't participate in a game thread, you can subscribe to that thread and follow the discussion on your iPhone or Blackberry.

You probably don't want to subscribe to the forums in general or you'll get inundated with e-mails.

April 14, 2009 at 12:01 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

I'm sure all this NEW functionality will be covered thoroughly in the FAQ. ;)

April 14, 2009 at 12:04 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

Any chance "member blogs" will be making a comeback?

April 14, 2009 at 12:05 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

Yes, member blogs will definitely make a comeback. And unlike the last time, Bloggers will be able to post their articles directly to the site.

Still working on getting that set-up...

April 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

I'm sure all this NEW functionality will be covered thoroughly in the FAQ. ;)

Okay, now you're being a smartass!

April 14, 2009 at 12:08 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

Would you expect anything less?

April 14, 2009 at 12:13 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

In a few days we won't even remember what the old forums looked like.

April 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Yeah, I'm already getting used to it.

I may remove the side bar on the right for the forums only to give more horizontal viewing space. Not sure yet...

April 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

It's already growing on me.This time I choose not to have a player related user name. Form here on end, it's 'Granny'. Good job Shredder and StooLi (assuming that he did anything) ;)

April 14, 2009 at 6:18 PM | Registered CommenterGranNy

I like the new Tim Horton's snacker's also. good price too!

April 14, 2009 at 6:23 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

This is pretty dope, great work Shredder.

April 14, 2009 at 11:32 PM | Registered CommenterLego

I think I would support the right sidebar elimination; we can all be a bit wordy at times, be it in emails or posts. Besides, considering the current layout, the forums should have more than enough scrolling to potentially migrate those page elements to the left side to be below the rest, considering that both sides are filled with white at this stage in the thread.

I would also change the Timestamp and author by moving them to the left side, and having the author leftmost, since eyes gravitate there far more often. Since it's more subdued due to the space adjustment for author ID, the posts are blending together a bit.

April 14, 2009 at 11:36 PM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

Yeah, I'll remove the right sidebar for the forums... less vertical scrolling that way. And I'll take you suggestion under consideration about the timestamp and author. Will give it a shot to see what it looks like.

Probably won't be making many more changes until the new logos are in. It makes more sense to make the final cosmetic changes once we have the final layout and graphics in place.

April 15, 2009 at 1:19 AM | Registered CommenterShredder