Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Team Canada selections for 2014 Sochi Olympics

Goaltenders: Roberto Luongo, Carey Price, Mike Smith

Defence: Jay Bouwmeester, Drew Doughty, Dan Hamhuis, Duncan Keith, Alex Pietrangelo, P.K. Subban, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Shea Weber

Forwards: Jamie Benn, Patrice Bergeron, Jeff Carter, Sidney Crosby, Matt Duchene, Ryan Getzlaf, Chris Kunitz, Patrick Marleau, Rick Nash, Corey Perry, Patrick Sharp, Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Jonathan Toews

Big names not on the list: Claude Giroux, Eric Staal, Martin St. Louis, Logan Couture (injured and having surgery today), Dan Boyle, Brent Seabrook.

Let the discussion and second-guessing begin!

January 7, 2014 at 11:43 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Pan of SCU also missing on the list. I heard he's thought to be too relaxed and not intense enough

January 7, 2014 at 2:01 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Apparently the tweets were more entertaining than the team announcement

James Duthie ‏@tsnjamesduthie
We might have the rights back before this is done.

James Gordon ‏@SensReporter
"You know, this brings me back to my first international experience. There are 27 things I want to briefly touch on..."

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
"Next up, we name Team Canada's head janitor, who will speak for the next 65 minutes in three languages..."

James Gordon ‏@SensReporter
Guys, our first deadline is 10:30 p.m.

Sens Call-ups ‏@SensCallUps
Sni Sna Snappy?

January 7, 2014 at 2:45 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

there are no bad choices on Team Canada but I'd have St.Louis on my team any day. Ultimate competitor.

January 7, 2014 at 4:35 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

We could be in trouble in nets. None of the goalies named inspire much confidence. Yes St. Louis should have been on the team.

January 7, 2014 at 6:34 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Either price or bobby Lou could be great. Oooooooorrrrrrrrr.......that's the thing, you just never know with those guys. You just gotta cross your fingers and hope. And score a lot more than the other guys.

January 7, 2014 at 8:43 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I'm bummed Couture didn't make the team, but I would have dumped Nash, Marleau, and Carter for St.Louis Giroux and Couture but I'm just an ugly American. Who hates the Leafs and is very happy they lost in regulation tonite

January 7, 2014 at 10:12 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I had the pleasure of watching the Isles win their 16th game of the season vs. the Leafs tonight. Let's just say the Islanders aren't exactly a menacing sight to watch. It felt like the Leafs won the battle of zone time. Bernier let in 4 goals on something like 24 shots and 2-3 of them were stinkers.

I'm not sure if the Sens can secure a playoff spot, but from what I can see the Leafs probably won't make it.

January 7, 2014 at 11:16 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

if Carter and Nash are the worst guys on your team, you should be ok..

January 8, 2014 at 12:51 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I agree, except I would've taken Giroux, Hall, Staal and St.Louis before I took Carter or Nash. Let the hate-ons begin!

January 8, 2014 at 2:08 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

They went for a big line up that "can skate." We'll see on the big ice...

I would like to have seen St. Louis on the team but I'm guessing Yzerman wants to keep his captain safe and rested for the playoffs push.

January 8, 2014 at 6:21 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

ZKop puts together Canada's B Team for the Olympics with Princess Phaneuf as the 8th D.

January 9, 2014 at 8:19 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Canada could field 2 teams.... one that would compete for the gold, another that could probably compete for the bronze or come in 4th. We just have that much depth.

St.Louis played here in WPG on Tuesday and I had the fortune to go and see him. When they showed him during the anthem everyone in the arena cheered which I thought was pretty classy.

January 9, 2014 at 3:17 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

I wouldn't be ashamed as a Canadian to field this 2nd team. Only when you start to think what you leave out... On the other hand it's not always the all-star teams that win, with a good dose of added chemistry and a bit of luck I could see that B team winning gold.

January 10, 2014 at 2:27 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru