Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Game 29: Senators @ Sparks

Gryba out, Wiercioch in, Kassian out. Lehner starting. Anderson took another shot off his knee at the morning skate.

Lines at morning skate: MacArthur-Spezza-Condra, Hoffman-Turris-Ryan, Greening-Smith-Neil, Conacher-Zibanejad-Michalek

D pairings: 3-65, 4-77, 2-46

December 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

who did MacArthur think was there?

December 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I didn't even know Kassian was still on the team

December 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Besides Shredder who at the time was against the Bishop for Conacher trade? I was for the trade at the time

December 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I wasn't mad keen on the Bishop trade at the time, mostly because I'm not keen on small rookies having staying power in the league. Martin St Louis is the exception to the rule, not the rule.

December 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I was for the trade and still am. I had the opportunity to watch Conacher in the AHL and was a big fan, kind of our own little ball of hate.

December 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

I thought we could have gotten more for Bishop. But maybe that was the best offer they got.

December 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

We were competing with Bernier and Luongo, the market was charmin soft. Returns at the draft would have been even less because teams knew we weren't going to keep him.

December 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

There was talk that we almost got Couturier from PHI, but they ended up making a deal for Mason and only had to give up a 3rd. We'll have a bit more to talk about this on our next episode.

December 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I think the Sens watched the Bolts first PP and decided they would be as putrid on their own PP to show solidarity

December 5, 2013 at 8:04 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

The highlight of that powerplay was Lehner pulling a pick on the TB forechecker at the tail end.

December 5, 2013 at 8:05 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

that's a good point AO on the Goalie's at the time

December 5, 2013 at 8:05 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

the Sens Defense f**king sucks

December 5, 2013 at 8:06 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

how does everyone leave MartySt.Louis all alone in front of the net?

December 5, 2013 at 8:06 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Ugh. Just a fire wagon carnival of sadness there.

December 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

I didn't catch who the forward was on the right boards who didn't handle the simple pass from Wiercioch but that set up the break in by St Louis and the subsequent scoring opportunity and goal. Cowen lying on the ice next to the net didn't help either.

December 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

well Cowen almost got up in time to get a nice view of Marty scoring

December 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

At least this PP has had a couple of SOG; the first one didn't have a single one.

December 5, 2013 at 8:12 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Forward was Ryan, but there was a TB stick right on his. Wiercoch was the joke on that play. First running into St. Louis and falling down in the neutral zone. Then chasing the play well out of position onto the right circle where he is knocked down by his own check leaving the crease wide open for St. Louis.

December 5, 2013 at 8:13 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Shooooooooot !!!

I mean, IMPROVE YOUR CORSI !!

December 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Wow, that was some wicked bad D by the Sens, then the Sens have an open net and predictably Fail!

December 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

the only reservation I had about Bishop trade was trading him into your division where they have to face him all the time

December 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Weircioch's shot was nice, no thinking just get the puck and shoot it

December 5, 2013 at 8:43 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Tampa sure does like to commit penalties

December 5, 2013 at 8:44 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Whirr-chee-otch redeems his play on the St Louis goal by getting one of his own. Nice to see Turris not get waived out of the face off dot (happening a lot this game), win the draw and it's in the net.

December 5, 2013 at 8:45 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal