Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Game 28: Senators @ Kittens

Will the Florida road trip turn this team around? If they want to have even a hope of making the playoffs, it had better do so.

Borocop and Grant back to Bingo; Hoffman up to Ottawa and playing with Turris and Ryan. MacArthur with Spezza and Zbad.

GAME ON!

December 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

beep beep BEEEEP beep beep beep.......THIS JUST IN!

Tim Thomas was the first goalie off the ice at the Panthers game day skate so he'll probably be in net for the Panthers tonight.

December 3, 2013 at 10:55 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

"Tim Thomas was the first goalie off the ice at the Panthers game day skate so he'll probably be in net for the Panthers tonight."

Good. A reason to hate them.

December 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Craig Anderson is the first off the ice at this morning's game day skate.

December 3, 2013 at 11:55 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Great

December 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Panthers weak PP looking invincible with two PPGs on two opportunities. The call on Spezza was weak, and then to not call GI on Florida when Andy's mask is knocked off......#NHLtypical.

December 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

First Period Summary: WWWWWWHHHHAAATTT?

December 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Playing much better. Can they continue for the rest og the game?

December 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

You could go to that game and feel lonely. How can they stay in business?

December 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Where are all the fans?

December 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Is it Ottawa or is it nobody cares down there

December 3, 2013 at 10:12 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

What a comeback to come back on the team like that--oh hell yeah what a win :-) #sarcasm

December 3, 2013 at 10:13 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

That ice had more bounces that a raptors game.

December 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Corvo 1st Star and Greening and Condra score?!?!!??!? The Sens better of won with a rare event like this happening

December 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Gryba Greening and Condra for Huberdeau that was suggested by Pan on the podcast, the Sens would have lost if this happened :-)

December 3, 2013 at 10:49 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

How did Hoffman look?

December 4, 2013 at 12:21 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Well that Florida team stunk. Man they stink. Still, we needed the confidence builder. Florida needs to be relegated to the AHL. We were walking right in all the time like we were awesome.

I assume that the craziness with the last minute line changes and bizarre combos was totally for the benefit of the players and had zero to do with psyching Florida out. I like it! MacLean won his Jack Adams last year...He's got to really earn it this year. I've noticed he's also gotten less negative in public in the past 6-7 games. He's working some coaching angles. These guys need a clever coach. Hope the Stache is up to it. I still believe!

December 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

I only saw / heard parts of this game as we were recording last night. From what I saw, Hoffman didn't look out of place and I don't think you can ask for much more than that on a team that is struggling and with a player who was just brought up from the AHL.

As for the crowds, the building had an *announced* attendance of 10,074 but I doubt there were that many fingers in the building, let alone people. That said, the team doesn't need to be profitable as it's about the money made from other events in the building (4th busiest arena in North America) as well as revenue from other land around it that has a MASSIVE outlet mall among other things. The hockey team is a throw in with all the other businesses involved.

Game summary: horrible first 8 minutes, including bad penalties and REALLY bad PK work. The rest of the game was, overall, pretty good work by the Senators against a bad team. Anderson ended the game with a SV% of .933 too.

December 4, 2013 at 1:18 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal