Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Game 27: Player 11 vs Senators

Delete

December 1, 2013 at 7:01 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Good morning, everyone! Good game so far?

December 1, 2013 at 7:05 PM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

Man you sleep in longer that me.

December 1, 2013 at 7:06 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

That's the best Spezza can do?

December 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

on my side of the page here shows a girl with her breast showing and some kind of a T-shirt I like that Ad

December 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

"Jason, you have to be more careful with the puck."

Spezza:"right, more drop passes. you got it coach".

"Jason, you have to take those shots when you're alone in close"

Jason: "slap passes? I can do that all day and night, coach."

December 1, 2013 at 7:33 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Borocop went chasing there for no reason at all. Smith had the guy contained.

December 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Can they fire all of these defensemen except 65

December 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

That was so bad it looked like an empty net goal

December 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Red wings look like they are having a lot of fun out there.

December 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

More fun than I am watching this.

December 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Its like i'm watching the walking dead early tonight.

December 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

probably not going to be a turning point tonight.

December 1, 2013 at 8:04 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Lehner looking to the bench for instructions. Maclean: "Lehner, join the rush!"

December 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

OK. Enough. Simpsons are on.

December 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Well, of course he did. Alfie and the Hammer.

December 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Ugh.

Exit...Stage Left.

December 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

"Alfie, do you think The Sens can catch up to the Wings in the standings? Alfie:" Eeennnhhh, probably not."

December 1, 2013 at 8:14 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

This season has been a clusterflock since the beginning: Sending Z-Bad down instead of just busting his cajones up in the big leagues, Gryba and Cowen just being terrible, Ryan not getting paired with Spezza, guys with no knee cartilage on our top line, a mojo killing roadtrip against great teams to start the season, etc. Well all that's behind us...

I can't flippin' believe we don't have that first rounder for this year. It's a bad situation and not much can be done about it.

Also this revisionist history about Aflie not being a leader is hooey. He led on ice late in the 3rd period of close games. Alfie also has a quiet temper as we all know. I need to see more intensity out there.

December 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Great Post Pesky

December 1, 2013 at 11:44 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I don't think sending mika down was a mistake, and I think you're seeing the results of it now. He looks great out there, mostly. I think the problem is that there are many others on this team that need the same message but the would have to clear waivers so Murray can't send them down.

December 2, 2013 at 12:21 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Great post Pesky, but I think I agree with Russel More (might add Raging in front of my name in fact ;-) )

December 2, 2013 at 2:53 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

I don't have a problem with Zbad being sent down, but I think sending JGP down was the right thing as his late season / early playoff success was against smaller teams and he was getting run over on the West coast. Zibanejad has been playing better since he came back up.

Ryan + Spezza = bad combo. Neither are fast, and both are creative puck distributors who can also shoot and score (although Jezza doesn't shoot enough). Spezza needs FAST wingers, and 9MM is getting back to that after a very slow start to the season, and Ryan isn't that kind of guy. MacArthur could work with Spezza, but 19 still needs a fast right winger and I'm not yet convinced 93 is the answer to that.

Gryba and Cowen have really struggled to start the season, the former after a minor injury that caused him to miss most of the pre-season and the latter after missing last season with a very major injury (and coming back too soon to play against the Penguins). They are both young and inexperienced, and adding Wiercioch means even more inexperience. Borocop is playing well and the other three need to get it together somehow, but it's to be expected when you look at the GP in the NHL for the them (my "math" in the last episode spoke to this).

December 2, 2013 at 9:16 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal