Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > SCU Episode 11 is now up

Lots of talk about TV. we totally missed the Westgarth suspension. Totally should have been 5 and a game. Ottawa lost the game because of being down 5 D. The PP would have given the Sens the advantage to take over the game but instead ran with 5 D and tired out

November 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

You guys are seriously complaining about having to pay for something you don't get now? You can't watch all those games now without centre ice because TSN sure doesn't show them! For me a sports fan (not just hockey or the Senators), who do get these channels and are annoyed at those blackout screens (and there fore pay for Centre Ice) this is great.

In the real world, more content = more money... no one gives stuff away. If you don't want cable you can go over the air and get City (this is why Sens are on city, for over-the-air) and CBC. I am sure if you keep your currently package you will get basically what you get today (TSN Wednesday night hockey featuring US teams will be on your local SN Friday nights). Don't complain about not getting everything else for free when you don't get it now. If you think TSN got it and did this that it wouldn't affect your bill you are crazy. That would be if TSN even gave you the option to watch multiple games (on there 2 or 3 stations, which I am sure would relegate Ottawa out of the picture) which they currently don't.

As for the talking heads on TSN I am sure they will continue to do hockey shows and analysis just like SportsNet has been doing without national broadcasts. On the quality of the analysis give Rogers time to develop better talent or scoop them up from TSN.

BTW, I have to laugh that you talk about how great the TSN analysis are but in the same sentence then say they always go back to talk about the Leafs even during non-Leaf games.

Complain, complain, complain.

November 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

Quote from Pan on Corvo's games played numbers"

"I know it took him a while to get into the league"

It's also taking him while to get out of it.

November 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

I don't recall any of us complaining for paying for something we don't get now, but I for one am not interesting in being FORCED to pay more for something I already have as a way for Rogers make more money to pay for this big contract they've just signed. I have only the main SN network, and I'm not interested in paying more for all the other channels that SN has so as long as they continue to broadcast the local/regional broadcasts on the main network, I'll be fine with it. If they decide to move a lot of the Senators games to Sportnet-Sens because they have a lot of 'big' games on the main network, I'll be upset because I'm not interested in paying even more than I already do for video-service delivery.

.....and I, for one, believe I said I like TSN hockey panels and analysis but found their in-game, between the period Leafs news/references to be annoying. When it's not constantly about TML, it's pretty sanguine, but if they are constantly pandering to the audience of team that isn't even in the game being watched, I get frustrated.

I'm not sure if City is available OTA in Ottawa or not. It's a Toronto station and I've no idea if they have a transmitter here (I somehow doubt it, but that's just because I've looked in the past and there doesn't seem to be much available OTA around here).

November 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Welcome to your Systine years.

November 27, 2013 at 6:53 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

LOL@Russell

November 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

This is why "we" shouldn't be merged into one thought, but that's what happens with the show. I like the TSN coverage and don't get the "Toronto Sports Network" talk (I never call them that, that's mostly Kards) and we disagree A LOT just get so tired about it on the show...something we're getting better on for entertainment. I like the TSN commentators and Sportsnet has done lots of Leafs Only stuff in the intermission, but this is because they probably record one. I assume this will change with the individual teams.

I, as mentioned, am interested as I like watching multiple games at the same time, but for the year, it's not going to interest me - maybe key games in the end of the season, but east/west games open the season BUT I see huge benefits for people out of market to have a choice on which team to follow.

For the cable price, you're right - you get more and have to pay more, and this is different for in market vs. out of market fans, but for me, I'm paying more for something that I don't value. In economics, it's an inefficiency and wastage of my money, however, it reduces the overall costs. NPR Planet Money recently did a short podcast on this under their episde: "488: The secret History of Your Cable Bill"

Kards, City is available in Ottawa, and I believe Nationally. I never watch it, but I think it's channel 15 or something

November 27, 2013 at 7:18 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

It's hard for me to judge about the new packages too as both a Sens and Jets fan I pay both for Centre Ice AND the TSN Jets channel. (Because they'll black out games on Centre Ice too :D)

I might also be one of the only people who doesn't mind 2pm start times for games. It's great, because then I can go out in the evening and do other things. I guess Winnipeg has so many booze hounds whether it's a 12pm start, 2pm start, 7pm start the beer is always flowing no matter the time. Could just be different hockey cultures though. (And then I get to watch more games during the day)

What is weird to me this year is how many back to back games Ottawa seems to have, although I don't pay attention to a lot of other teams I know Minnesota has had their share as well.

November 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

CITY is available via cable; my question was whether it was available OTA or not.

November 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Is this the same Systine that asked "where is the passion?" last season ? :)

We all know it's Raging TJ - nice try bro! :)

(On a serious note: thanks for listening everyone!)

November 29, 2013 at 5:51 PM | Registered CommenterCanuck