Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Reports coming in: CBC + Rogers and no more NHL on TSN

It's looking like the deal is going to be announced next week but news is leaking out on Twitter (via Bob McKenzie) that CBC and Rogers are going to get a 12 year deal for NHL games.

If this is true, is more ex-Leafers Heatley and Kypreos, and less sanguine hockey minds like McKenzie, Duthie and Dutchy. A sad, sad day in Senatorsville if this is true.

BAH!

November 26, 2013 at 1:13 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

sad day for any non-leaf hockey fan. TSN was the best at NHL coverage. this is just the worst.

November 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=693152&navid=DL|NHL|home

"The deal gives Rogers national rights to all NHL games, including the Stanley Cup Playoffs and Stanley Cup Final, on all of its platforms in all languages."

So basically Rogers gets everything, but is still letting CBC have HNIC on Saturdays. I agree TSN was the best of the three, but look at it this way. No Bob Cole or Healey during the playoffs! I guess this means I'll probably get less games on TV now though.

November 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM | Registered CommenterChuckProuse

ladies and germs, welcome to your new RNHL.

November 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I don`t understand why you guys don`t like this. TSN only ever shows the Sens a couple times of year. This means no regional blackout of SNE for me in Toronto and exposes every Sens game nationally.... how is that bad? And you all complaining about Kyper and think is just a leaf blower, well you don't listen to him enough, he has no beef with Ottawa at all. From my watching Ray Fer(whatever) on TSN is the biggest anti Ottawa broadcaster in the business.

Sure the talking heads on TSN are better but they don't do the broadcasts anyway, they are just between periods which I am usually off taking a leak during anyway.

If TSN got the rights I would be more pissed because they don't have the number of stations to continue carrying the games. Can't see The Toronto Sports Network is more Ottawa Senators friendly.

November 26, 2013 at 10:50 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

"EVERYTHING'S HAPPENING...EVERYWHERE!! WHO'S IN MY PARKING SPOT?! WHY DOESN'T...MY KEY WORK...ANYMORE?! OOOHHHH BABY!!!"

November 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

sad day for any non-leaf hockey fan. TSN was the best at NHL coverage. this is just the worst.

Ya, carrying every regional broadcast of HNIC nationally is the worst... terrible for non-leaf fans... ?????????????????

Just keep on complaining.

One other thing on that comment... outside of the odd Wednesday night game featuring Ottawa when does TSN ever not talk about the Leafs???

November 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

This is a great day for hockey fans in Toronto... now a choice of games to watch and not subject to only the Leafs!

November 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

I bet we will see the good TSN talent cross over to Rogers, 12 years is a long time to go without.

November 26, 2013 at 12:11 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

you're the best, Systine.

November 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I know.

November 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

So basically all Canadian teams playing on Wednesday, Saturday, or Sunday will be broadcasted nationally, other nights are still regional however they can be shown nationally (probably if no other games are on). The NHL says there will be a focus on getting Canadian Teams scheduled to play on those days, obviously not all of them every week.

November 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

They plan on offering a lower priced Centre Ice package to just get the regionalized games. UPDATE: Centre Lite will be about $5 per month.

They are saying they are planning a mosaic channel with games.

Really looks like the Leafs content is going to really be in your face now, just terrible :P

November 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

In regards to the subject line to this thread. TSN still has regional rights. So if there are any Ottawa regional games on TSN they will still be on TSN, but I don't think TSN gives a **** about Ottawa so I don't think they have any. They do have Toronto, Habs, and Winnipeg... that will continue. Oh forgot about TSN1200 radio, that is regional so that probably stays.

BTW, TSN also held the rights to the national games of the TO broadcasts they had the regional rights for and take 10 of then nationally forcing the Leafs down the countries throat with no other choices because they had the national monopoly but only showed 1 game. That will not happen any more. Is that bad too?

November 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

The best thing is Eugene gets more TV money he can either pocket or spend on players, what will the budget man do?

November 27, 2013 at 12:06 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Ray Ferraro is damn good at his job--I've never once felt he didn't say anything that wasn't true about the Senators

November 27, 2013 at 12:08 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I agree with Systine. We touch on it (a lot) this week. It's up now

November 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

I guess my cable & internet bill will go up to pay for this.

November 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior