Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Rant of the day - Time to trade Conacher

I've posted my praise for Cory in the past and I continue to believe that he is one of the best players on the Sens roster and by far the most under-appreciated. I keep hearing people talk about how Spezza needs a line-mate with skill and how maybe Z-Bad should be playing with him and it just makes me crazy that no-one seems to realize that Spezza had two great games when he was paired with Conacher (he scored 4 goals in those two games). Cory was rewarded for those great outings by getting kicked off the Spezza line in favour of Greening (huh?) and playing on the fourth line. Spezza subsequently produced next to nothing and Conacher has watched his ice-time plummet ever since.

I attended the game against the Panthers Saturday and Spezza and Conacher were paired up for two very short shifts. Spezza had two good shifts in the game (5 on 5) and they were both with Conacher. Once again, Conacher was rewarded for his hard play with some quality time on the bench while Greening (who created NOTHING) was double-shifted in his place.

My suggestion for the Sens - trade the kid, he deserves better. I'm sure there are lots of Coaches that see what he brings to the game and are more than willing to devote more than 8 minutes of ice-time to see what he can do with their better players.

Rant over...

November 12, 2013 at 1:15 PM | Registered CommenterHTSensNut

Conch is the only one who consistently forechecks properly - with speed and no fear.

November 12, 2013 at 11:53 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I think the only player we're going to get value from right now is Craig Anderson, and it's not the right time to trade him yet. Possibly Smith - I haven't been able to catch a lot of games consistently this year, but there aren't many players that would give us a lot back right now. I get the desire to make any kind of change, but we'd be drastically overpaying for what we'd get back right now.

November 13, 2013 at 8:31 AM | Registered CommenterStephen Gower

I haven't been able to watch that many games either (that stupid thing called work) but if what u say is true about Conacher and Spezza teamed up and actually scoring what the heck is the coaching staff seeing then? I was totally against Andy playing last nite vs. Philly because Lehner has been so hot with this absolute crap Defense in front of him. That's coaching decision too--Philly beat Pitts tonite on a back to back so they may actually becoming a good team now. You just knew it was Ottawa's luck to catch them when they decide to turn their season around.

November 14, 2013 at 12:52 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln