Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Z-Bad is back - where does he slot in? How about Pageau?

So now that Z-Bad is back in the line-up, where would you see him playing? Does this mean the Pageau experiment is over? I for one am a bit disappointed with MacLean for having Pageau spend so much time in the bottom 6. I know that he can't leap-frog Spezza or Turris but man...trying to put up any offensive numbers when playing with guys with little-to-no offensive flare is a tall task for anyone. I'd almost like to see a young-guns line of Conacher - Z-Bad - Pageau - if only for a game or two.

Thoughts?

October 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM | Registered CommenterHTSensNut

Maybe they try out Pageau on the wing before they decide to send him down, but like SensNut said, bottom 6 is not his place I think he could use another season in the minors.

Michalek - Spezza - Conacher
Macarthur - Turris - Ryan
Condra - Zibanejad - Greening
Grant - Smith - Neil

October 22, 2013 at 12:21 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

apparently, Pageau is nursing an injury.

October 22, 2013 at 2:10 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Sens Dawg - I have a feeling that the lines you posted will probably be the ones that MacLean goes with but I for one would really like to see Conacher and Z-Bad together. I've mentioned in a previous post that any line that Conacher has been on has been one of, if not the best, line on the ice largely because Conacher draws opponents to him and opens up the ice for the other players. That said, he seems at a loss when he's on the ice with Spezza (just as Ryan was). They may find chemistry together but the other day against Edmonton, the two of them spent a lot of time getting their signals crossed.

My prediction - Z-Bad with Conacher = a fast, dynamic duo that will be a ton of fun to watch. If that works and Greening can find a way to do anything on the top line (seriously...I'm still waiting for him to do ANYTHING), the Sens could roll 3 lines capable of putting up numbers.

October 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM | Registered CommenterHTSensNut

HT, good post and there are a lot of guys on this team that it would be good to see them do anything good at all, I mean that Edmonton loss at home is a real downer. That's the kind of teams you have to smoke on home ice especially when they suck so bad right now.

October 22, 2013 at 8:52 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

It was a humiliating loss. It'd be like if Ottawa lost to Winnipeg ^_~ (seriously).

Hopefully Z-bad got the message and he'll want to prove himself at the game and will hopefully come out flying.

October 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

The team is like a very slow moving train out of the gate right now. Conacher and Ryan seem to be the greasiest wheels on the train while others like Spezza and Cowen are still shaking off rust and getting their legs under them.

They'll find their way, it just sucks to watch them right now knowing they can be a lot better... a lot peskier.

I agree SensHut - the need to throw together a super kids line with Zibanejad and Conacher and maybe Ryan who seems to be pretty pesky himself.

October 23, 2013 at 9:53 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Where does ZBad slot i n?

Well I hope it's within 12' of the net just before he scores a goal.

October 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

"Where does ZBad slot in?"

TWSS.

October 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell