Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Home Opener: Devils @ Sens

Glad I didn't pay to go to this game.

October 17, 2013 at 9:50 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

FRAK !!

October 17, 2013 at 9:57 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

They need a power play coach.

October 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Milo !!

October 17, 2013 at 10:06 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

That may be the worst 5-2 win I've seen. They need work.

October 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Can't figure this team out yet. Go out west, crap the bed almost every night but come out with half the points. Ok. Come back home and play a good offensive game but it felt like the closest 5-2 ... more like a 3-2 win.

Just saw other games' highlights - good for Winchester playing and scoring again in Florida.

October 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

That goal against the lafs was funny.

October 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Reimer out with head injury, Bernier looked terrible - all is well in the universe again.
Andy was stopping pucks with every part of his body. As someone on the radio said once "he was unconscious!" making those saves.

I thought I had to adjust the colours on my tv, but it was just the new Dallas uniforms. Now that's funny.

October 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Andy's in beastmode. team needs to communicate better, seems to me. EK65 looked much better, except on the devils 2nd goal.

leafs suck.

October 17, 2013 at 11:54 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

so by reading the forum it looks like the Sens have a fugly 3 goal win somehow?!? all frikkin wins vs. NJ seem to be real ugly. Also warms my heart to read that bad sh*t happened to the Leafers blowing a 2 goal lead in the 3rd at Home. :-) and no loser point for the Laffs

October 18, 2013 at 12:37 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Loser points ...

I hate that ;)

October 18, 2013 at 7:27 PM | Registered CommenterCanuck

The ugly was the Sens' play in their own end. They take about 12.4min to get out of their own zone. Compare that to the Sharks or Ducks - the zamboni doesn't need to go over their end of the ice because it's hardly touched!

When the Sens were hot they would get out of their zone with a couple of short passes. They started doing that against Jersey a little bit, but only when the centers and even wingers were back supporting the D. I guess that's what Stache meant when he said back to square one!

On the other hand, some of the plays in the offensive zone - oh my! Ryan is a freakin beaut! The passes and the shots he makes....jaw dropping. Like playing a video game. Add to that EK and SpezzDispenser and you have pure freakin magik out there.

Which reminds me.... Phillips on the PP (?) nuh-uh! Wiercioch please. #4 got fed a few nice passes on the PP last night and failed to control each time and wasted a shooting chance. Doesn't have the hands.

October 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

a big part of the trouble with the chaos in the own end is they no longer have a guy in a #11 sweater who goes back, picks up the puck and skates it out of trouble when everyone else is bumbling around.

that was under-rated.

October 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I definitely noticed the void of a certain player #11 and his smart plays on the ice during the first few games. But also noticed the incredible improvement and smart play player #7, one Kyle Turris. He has clearly paid attention more in 2 seasons and learned from #11 than #19 has in over a decade.

October 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

great point Russell about #11, he always had a way of slowing things down while other were running around like those crappy Leaf players of the past few non-playoff years.

October 19, 2013 at 1:21 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln