Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Just Sayin'

Last year, one of our best line pairings were:

Silfverberg - Z-Bad - Conacher (the rookie line)

This year, our best line to start the season was:

MacArthur - Turris - Conacher

MacLean made some changes to get players going and our best line was:

Michalek - Spezza - Conacher

Anyone seeing a theme here? I know that Potvin talked him up a ton but I've been a huge Conacher supporter since the day that he got here. The kid is more than the sum of his parts and is constantly creating havoc and openning space for the guys he plays with. In addition, I honestly think that when guys watch him go out their and take on virtually anyone on the opposition, it can't help but motivate them to do the same. I only hope the days of MacLean relegating him onto the third or fourth line are over - he's a) too good and b) works too hard to be dropped down IMO.

October 17, 2013 at 3:48 PM | Registered CommenterHTSensNut

So far so good... But CoCo seems to run out of gas and gets benched by year end/playoffs time.

He had a great start in the AHL and with Tampa, then really cooled off and got traded.... just sayin...

October 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I like him on the 2nd line for sure - but if the option is to relegate him to the 3rd/4th lines, we should at least wait til we string a few wins together and get the big guys rolling.

October 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM | Registered CommenterStephen Gower

I like Conacher because he goes out and gives it 120% every single shift. Everytime he's out there you can see he's playing like a maniac. I really want to see the guy succeed.

October 21, 2013 at 4:49 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

agree with Spezz and Stephen-- and there isn't anyone else tearing it up to replace him it looks to me. If there's someone better lets see him step up

October 21, 2013 at 7:42 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

watching Detroit vs. the Sharks and if Ottawa can't score on Edmonton there is no way they are scoring on Detroit. It's 0-0 going to OT and the Sharks couldn't even sniff a goal vs. the tough Detroit defense and Jimmy Howard.

October 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

and y'all need to see that pad save by Niemi to win the SO for SJ, one of the best I've ever seen

October 21, 2013 at 10:21 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I think the Sens will play much better vs. the Wings. Andy will be back in nets, the team matches up well against Detroit.
I expect a close game.

October 21, 2013 at 11:59 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

the CalgaryFlames just won on the road at the LAKings, they are this years #pesky Calgary has been nothing short of amazing especially with as little talent as they have. Sean Monahan with 6 goals though, he's good

October 22, 2013 at 1:15 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Flame have definitely been a dark horse so far, as well SJ is on a gigantic tear. Disappointing so far (at least player points-wise) are the Blackhawks. Colorado too... what the.. with a goal differential of +16? I know no one's even played 10 games yet, but man.

October 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

I agree Spezzial and TJ. Both the Flames and Avs are banking a lot of points right now for teams that were not even supposed to be in the playoffs picture.

To change the topic a bit.... I thought that if/when Alfie switched teams to win a cup I'd be happy to see him hoist it. Seeing all the pics of him in the Red Wings jersey, I just can't feel anything for him lol He left the Sens. It was Kelly or Fisher getting traded for the good of the team. I was happy for Kelly to win the Cup. I can't say I would feel the same, or anything, if Alfie won it.

October 22, 2013 at 12:26 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Alfie feels like an ex-boyfriend. While I'm happy that he's happy being on a new team and I wish him every success, I can't help but cringe when I see him on TV or in the news with Detroit.

Tomorrow's going to be rough. It feels too soon to see him so quickly again. I hope people don't boo him though.

October 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery