Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the league, 2013-14 edition

Kelly! penalty shot goal!!!

October 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Let see. Season's only a couple of days old and lafs and their fans embarrassed the league and Roy has embarrassed the league and his team. Makes you proud to be a hockey fan.

October 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Rant:

I'm already sick of hearing in the MSM how player 11 is doing in Detroit. He's gone, he's no longer on our team, and we didn't get ongoing updates on Fisher / Kelly (other than from Russell) / Chara / Hossa / Havlat etc when they were traded / moved on, so can we please fully turn the page and concentrate on our own team rather than on how former players are doing? If we're going to hear about #11 for Detroit, I expect to hear about #17 too (he's on injured reserve).

October 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

those Kelly updates matter, man, they matter!!!!

October 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Regin...scored tonight. :O

October 8, 2013 at 9:05 PM | Registered CommenterChuckProuse

Just got back from ACC where I was watching Colorado in town.
-Benoit played a lot and looked very solid. No problems at all. He's a top 4 D-man there and a steal. I actually prefer him over Gryba let alone Corvo. I might even prefer Corvo over Gryba (but I disgress).
-Phaneuf has a body language that tells the entire building that he knows he's not going to be back next year. You can feel it. He doesn't interact much with the other players. The fans are on him when he screws up.
-The ACC is pretty quiet building. Don't let anyone tell you it's a loud building. I've been there like 25 times. If they aren't winning they starting talking business and texting..
-Fun to see Colorado!

October 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Thanks for the recap Pesky:

When u first mentioned Benoit, I'm thinking who the hell is he talking about. Then it dawns on me it's the guy the Sens just cut and got nothing in return, right? I totally agree with u about him over Corvo by a million miles and over the rusty Gryba. Benoit even played well in the playoffs

October 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Agreed. I think letting Benoit go and signing Corvo was not one of Murray's better moves.

October 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

I was pretty pissed when we didn't sign Benoit and Colorado got him. It made the emotions of that day that much worse. Signing Corvo just added to that.

October 9, 2013 at 12:03 AM | Registered CommenterChuckProuse

Nail Yakupov:

“I’m going to play my game,” he said. “I’m not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don’t like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don’t think it’s my game.”

Does this remind sens fans of a certain other enigmatic Russian?

October 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

so, maybe i'm not paranoid?

LUBE!!!

October 15, 2013 at 1:04 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Leafs beat the Ducks. Ugh.

October 22, 2013 at 11:03 PM | Registered CommenterSensGab

Silfverberg is out a month with a broken hand

October 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Was just wondering. With Lafs playing the pens last night, who did the CBC root for. Must have been tough for them.

October 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

in regards to the sens getting all the penalties, i heard a good point the other day. not only do the refs now think of the sens as a team that takes penalties often, therefore looking for calls, but the other teams know this as well and are more likely to try and draw them more often. With the sens having this rep, they are likely to be successful at it more often than not.

none of this is to say the sens have not taken more than their share of lazy, stupid penalties.

October 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

But come on guys, Karlsson has all those rep calls.... /gags

October 30, 2013 at 5:59 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

I'm predicting a 10 or 11 game winning streak with Lehner in net for most of them before the end of 2013

October 30, 2013 at 10:12 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

You are right TJ. It'll be in February/March when they are screwing themselves out of a top 3 draft pick.

October 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Wow, a lot of negative waves in these parts.......

October was the worst month of their schedule, while the records of a lot of the conference / division teams reflect a lot of play in the East. Yes, the Sens lost to Edmonton but so did Montreal in one of their two meetings so far this season. If things are still this bad by the end of November, then I'll begin to worry. Until then, it's a bad slide against some really tough teams with a group that has a number coming back from injury, some that haven't played a lot of games in the NHL, and some new arrivals who are still getting acquainted.

October 31, 2013 at 1:33 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

It's not the fact they lost, it's HOW they lost... I'm sure you know what I mean. Terrible givaways, not back checking hard, not playing simple chipping the puck out.

Yes, they have played against the league's best but they haven't followed the coaches' instructions and haven't played the way they should against those teams.

October 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Emery gets kicked out of game for fighting after letting in 7 goals...and he gets 3rd star. never change, Philly.

November 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Sens Dawg---that's a great comeback talking about the top 3 draft pick. It's Anaheim's pick too and that's a team I truly hate.

November 2, 2013 at 1:35 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

so good!

Lupul tries to decapitate Sedin, gets kadri instead!

November 2, 2013 at 8:36 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

So the lafs go out west and have to play a late game for a change. Oh wait. We can't have that. Lets change the game to 4:00 pacific time so that they are in fact playing at 7:00. It is just getting harder and harder to take this league seriously.

November 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Kadri was about to drop the gloves and go after Sedin, but his good friend Lupes stopped him.

November 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM | Registered CommenterHomer