Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > SCU Episode 3 is available

Why on earth did we stay up very late on a miserable end to the preseason to record? :) We inflict you with our boredom in episode 3.
Concerns about the season upcoming? Maybe... but just ready for it to start for real now.

September 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Finally! Something good to listen to! Welcome Back!!! Go SENS Go! Leafs SUCK!!!

October 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM | Registered CommenterShaggy

Great podcast again! Get better soon Pan.

October 1, 2013 at 5:03 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Parros knocks himself out while fighting, unless it's a totally spontaneous thing between regular players they should get rid of these stupid fights by the thugs.

October 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Watch the replay, Orr falls and does not let go of Parros' jersey, pulling him face first into the ice.

And did I hear Healy commenting on the impact to the league if Parros dies?

October 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut

good call pucknut, these staged fights are still ridiculous between heavyweights

October 1, 2013 at 9:51 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I agree and I used to speak out against people who said that fighting didn't belong in hockey. But over the years the staged fights have become more and more obsolete. There's a difference between the spontaneous rage fights and the thug vs. thug show fights.... especially after I started looking into the research they're finding with players who suffer multiple concussions and seeing someone I know who used to be a Boxer suffer long-term brain damage.

Feel free to disagree with me, I'd love to hear another opinion on this.

October 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Last year's playoff series between St. Louis and LA was some of the best hockey you've ever seen. Were there any fights? Fighting is not part of hockey, it is simply tolerated/legislated by the NHL. If it was part of hockey you'd be teaching your kids how to do it (sadly some parents do, instead of getting their kids more skating lessons).

Just because some of us enjoy watching two grown man beat the crap out of each other on skates it doesn't mean it's a part of the game. The NFL and NHL are similar in toughness, granted you are allowed to hold a weapon as a hockey player, and the speed is higher. Fighting is not legislated in the NFL.

October 2, 2013 at 10:49 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg