Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > SCU Episode 2 is out

Alex, the Sens DJ joins us for an in-show interview. Enjoy

September 19, 2013 at 12:30 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Use this thread to reply to the question of "what new sweater / name / number will you be sporting this year" question.

I'll be rocking a heritage Methot sweater, as two of my existing sweaters have been retired due to a player leaving the team.

September 20, 2013 at 8:31 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Very disappointed in Canuck for not dropping the "hallelujah" sound bite when Pan said he was done with the math. that seemed like a given.

September 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I have three Sens sweaters/jerseys, the traditional red circa 2007, a black with original Senator profile logo and the Heritage. All the backs are blank because I can't commit to a name for fear of seeing him later traded or sign elsewhere.

September 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM | Registered CommenterLandPhil

I second, LandPhil. Last time I made the mistake to put a name on a jersey was #9 Havlat.

September 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Same here... my jersey is blank. (I'd put #19 on it but I'm supersticious)

You know Canuck/Pan/Kardinal the economics of the teams fascinate me, I'm going to see if I can dig up some numbers for you on where american teams revenue comes from. San Jose gets money, then throws it away by spending to the cap, ha ha. Hopefully I can send an email with some numbers, it's been hard trying to find stuff.

September 20, 2013 at 4:41 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

I just got a new home jersey with Spezza on it. I have to go established and proven for the reasons above. I thought Alfie was a safe bet...

I'm going to wait to see how I'm going to replace my "expired" Heritage jersey. Leaning toward Karlsson, Methot, Turris, or Phillips. I'm honestly afraid to jix Karlsson. We don't really know what we're going to get this year. Bigger and slower would be so depressing. Need to see the old speed before I get a Karlsson heritage jersey.

September 21, 2013 at 12:14 AM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

I'm starting to question my sanity in getting a customized sweater as I bought two over two years and that player left within months of getting the heritage one. I've got the Parliament buildings logo one from the bid for the team, the original white & black with the profile logos, the modified black profile logo with white bands, and a red practice sweater with the profile logo and all of those are blank. I've been thinking of getting the black original customized for an early Senator (Cunnyworth? Shaw? both are former 67s so long ties to my hockey life) but haven't got that done yet.

September 21, 2013 at 8:35 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I'm afraid to get a customized jersey since every time I think about doing it the player was either traded or signed with another team. First was Havlat, then Redden, so I'll be damned if I ever get one with Chris Neil on it.

September 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM | Registered CommenterChuckProuse

Mine are all blank, no number, no name, and right now have no interest in changing that. Maybe, just maybe I will get one with a name and number of someone who has their number retired by the team but I will never wear it, only for display.

I cheer for the team, not the players. Even Spezza.

September 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

Just bought a new heritage jersey at FanFest yesterday, no name - just blank.

September 22, 2013 at 1:38 PM | Registered CommenterSensGab

Methot of course...

September 23, 2013 at 8:59 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness