Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Captain Watch

I hope the Sens select a captain soon, I don't want to see them go into the season and pull a Buffalo stunt by having a rotating captain.

September 11, 2013 at 11:24 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

$100 on the line can also make someone anxious

September 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

i pretty much gave up any hope of winning this bet when I heard JP Barry is Phillips' agent.

September 11, 2013 at 7:40 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I missed the announcement.... who was named captain?

September 14, 2013 at 4:14 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

The teams best player at Forward was of course.....

September 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

#19 C
# 25, 4 A's

Not sure why there was so much speculation around who should be captain. Of all the forwards Spezz and Neiler have been with the team the longest through thick and thin. Neiler doesn't really need a letter because he's always been a heart and soul guy.

Of all the D, Phillips is by far the most senior Sen and already a leader on and off the ice. Methot has only been around 1 year but he is someone guys can rally around so I can see him as a future C or A. Karlsson, if all works out, will be groomed to be next C after Spezza. He leads on the ice, is very mature for his age, and works hard. But I am glad the Sens are not giving it to him yet, as there is a pecking order and he gets that. It would have been way more controversial if Karlsson and/or Methot got letters ahead of 19,25,4.

The young core and future prospects are making me really excited about the future prospects of this team. I almost wish I could fast forward a couple of years to see what the team will look like!

September 14, 2013 at 5:36 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg