Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Potential Olympic team selections

Congratulations to Marc Methot on getting selected for Team Canada, but I'm wondering why the Paularus wasn't selected for the coaching staff but Claude Julien was added to replace Jacques Lemaire. MacLean has worked with Babcock, current Jack Adams winner....it seems like a no-brainer.

EK65 and Robin Lehner are on the Swedish team list, and Craig Anderson and Bobby Ryan are on the US team's.

One part of me wants all of them to make their respective teams, but another part wants none of them to make it so that they're refreshed after 20 days off rather than tired from the travel and playing. Neither side is winning yet.

July 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

He gets no rispek

July 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Great that Meth got the nod. deserves the recognition, although if he makes it, that will cost the Euge a bunch more, come next contract time.

lots of people questioning why Spezza isn't invited. pretty simple. as we sens fans know, he's a point machine but he also is dangerous with the turnovers. there are others that are better 2 way players that can produce points just as well.

July 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

LOL@Homer

I don't want any of them to make it to any team, since the Hasak debacle from forever ago. :-)

July 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

With regards to Spezza too (having the same kind of disappointment that he wasn't inviting then thinking about it some more) he's also a centreman competing with Stamkos, Toews, Bergeron, Tavares, Crosby, etc. etc. No shame in coming in second to those guys.

August 2, 2013 at 10:15 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

I remember when Georges Laraque was on our show, he said if you want to know who's on PEDs, just watch who's performance falls off during an olympic year. something to keep an eye on this season.

August 15, 2013 at 10:14 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell