Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Mark your calendars

The 2013-14 season schedule has been released. The Sens open their first 6 games on the road for some reason.

- 1st game is on Friday Oct 4th against the Slugs
- Sat Oct 5th (the next day) we're in the big stink against a team who did not playing the previous night.
- Sun Oct 13th, Bobby Ryan's 1st game in Anaheim.
- Wed Oct 23rd, Sens against Alfie in the bankrupt city of Detroit.
- Fri Oct 25, Anaheim is in town wanting to take revenge on Bobby Ryan's hat trick on Oct 13th.
- Thu Nov 7, Habs are in town for their 1st game against Ottawa after being disrespected in the playoffs.
- Sat Nov 23, Sens are back in Detroit to face Alfie
- Sun Dec 1, Alfie and the Wings are in town. gonna be an interesting night at the CTC.
- Sat Jan 18th, Rangers in Ottawa for what looks like is gonna be Hockey Day in Canada. I know we have an odd number of teams in Canada, but could have given us Detroit instead.
- Sat Feb 8, Sens at Boston, last game before the Olympic break.
- Thu Feb 27, Alfie and the Wings are in town again for the 1st game back after the Olympic break. Could also be his last game in Ottawa unless we meet Detroit in the Playoffs.
- Sun Mar 2, Sens are in Vancouver for the Heritage Classic (money grab) outdoor/indoor game.
- Sat Mar 8, Sens are visiting SD and the Winnipeg Jets.
- Sun Apr 13, Last game of the season in Pittsburgh

July 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

that's pretty awful having to open with a West Coast trip to start the season. 4th game of the season here in SanJosie. Haven't liked Olympic years since the Hasak injury that effectively killed an Ottawa Cup run.

July 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

The new division names are awful!

Metropolitan Division?

And since when did Ottawa become an "Atlantic" city?

July 20, 2013 at 8:26 AM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

The NHL should have came up with a Bankrupt Division, teams that don't come anywhere near making any money or their city is flat broke.
Detroit, Phoenix, Florida, NewJersey NYIslanders would have given that division a good start. to make it 8 u could add Columbus, Dallas and Tampa.

July 20, 2013 at 10:04 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

A game that i am looking forward to that isnt on the above list is Jan 30 when Tampa Bay is in town. The return of Big Ben.

July 22, 2013 at 12:49 PM | Registered CommenterChris

LOL @Bankrupt Division. Don't even get me started with the Coyotes. Who hoo for March 8th, I'm guessing WPG will have been out of a playoff spot since February by then.

July 22, 2013 at 6:05 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

After hearing the Devils could be taken over by the NHL, Phoenix Coytoes style it's good to see that in the NHL Bankrupt division I didn't forget them.

August 8, 2013 at 6:59 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

well maybe not these calendars. Please tell me that Senior wasn't part of this

October 2, 2013 at 6:19 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

My agent gave them a figure. They said something about not being able to make it work within their budget. So it didn't happen.

October 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior