Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > BobbyRyan is now a Ottawa Senator

For Silfverberg, Noesen and a future First Round pick---I guess this was the plan

I'm totally shocked

July 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I think the trade is reasonable, but I wish we'd been able to unload Jim O'Brien and kept Koesen. We have a lot of prospects though, so getting a bonafide 1st line RW to go with 19 and 9 will be exciting in the upcoming season. Who plays with Turris will be interesting though.

July 5, 2013 at 4:08 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

could it be since they are paying him enough Clarke (frikkin Leaf stink) MacArthur?

but probably not since this dink is a healthy scratch in playoff games

So now they STILL need 2 top 6 forwards since they let Silfverberg go and he was a 2nd line player.

July 5, 2013 at 4:10 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

they let Benoit go to the Avs for 900,000, I thought he was very useful for Ottawa
Regin signs w/the Isles and that's no loss at all, one of the few things they did right today

July 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Perfect.

July 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

I don't like to see Silfverberg go. I think he has tremendous upside but I realize you can't get something without giving up something in return.
Welcome aboard, Bobby Ryan! You too, Clarke MacArthur! We'll get that Leaf stink off of you eventually!

July 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

I guess we got that top 6 forward I was whining about. I just thought we'd add one and KEEP Alfie.

July 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

all i know about Ryan is that he scores a lot. what type of player is he? A power forward? skilled player? sniper? anyone?

July 6, 2013 at 12:25 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

The only part of this deal that I don't like is the departure of Silvferberg. I thought he had a lot of potential, and I think he is going to be a hell of a player as he matures.

But...well, you can't keep everyone who you might like to. Ya gotta make choices.

July 6, 2013 at 2:58 AM | Registered CommenterBoingy

Ryans is actually really good. Really good. When I heard about this I was actually shocked, it seemed like a pretty good deal. I heard that Anaheim had been shopping him around a bit last year. Hard to know how well he'll perform. We could use a good right wing I guess since no Alfie.

Here's a youtube video I found of him

July 6, 2013 at 4:05 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Ryan is a good player for sure. One of my closest friends (his favourite team is in the Western Conference) tells me we can expect at least 30 goals from him and he reckons Spezza passing to Ryan will be absolutely deadly.

July 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

"you can't keep everyone"

but the one frikkin guy you'd think u could keep is your legacy, face of the franchise Golden Gawd wouldn't you?

July 6, 2013 at 5:22 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I just found this article. One hell of a past growing up.

http://espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3782270

July 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

How great would it be if he does this to Detroit again?
http://youtu.be/fKlVzPNItn0

July 9, 2013 at 4:08 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan