Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > 2013 Draft, buyouts, UFA frenzy

Condra does two things very well: (1) he kills penalties and (2) is careful with the puck. He does nothing else. On this team, that's probably worth $1.25/year. Out of the Condra, Greening, Smith trio he's the one with the most specialized roll. Re-signing this guy makes sense.

July 14, 2013 at 2:34 AM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

I met Bryan Murray in the grocery store in Shawville this weekend. I was going to grill him about Alfie but he's a lot bigger than I thought he was!

July 14, 2013 at 11:53 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I took to calling him "Concrete" instead after his many gaffes with wide open nets and passing lanes - stone hands - but his play late last season kind of won me over. Glad we still got him.

July 15, 2013 at 11:38 PM | Registered Commentervansensfan

You know I think Condra was trying to do more than he's capable of. With all of those injuries he was probably trying to step up. He was less careful with the puck than usual at times during the injuries. Also, he knew his contract was coming up. Keep him bottom 6 and you've got him in the right place.

July 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Sens sign Mike Hoffman to a 1yr 2way contract.

July 17, 2013 at 1:55 PM | Registered CommenterChris

Four RFAs still to be signed: Cowen, Wiercioch, Cowick, Da Costa

Two for the big team, two with potential for the big team or trades.

July 17, 2013 at 5:53 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Sens sign Karlsson...

Ludwig Karlsson from the NCAA that is...

LK spent the last two seasons with the Northeastern University Huskies, where he scored 15 goals and 19 assists over the course of 49 games.

He led the team in scoring with 10 goals and 16 assists as a freshman before running into injury problems during his second year.

It's a long shot, but if he make the roster I hope he wears #56 just to mess with old man Cole

July 26, 2013 at 2:52 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

HA! drinks to Homer for that BC blast.

July 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Leonardo Karlsson is next on the Senators radar--he's a strong overweight defenseman in the lower Swedish leagues, but he shows promise in painting. Upside down painting is his specialty

July 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln