Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Scotiabank Place Renaming???

Scotiabank Pl;ace To Be Renamed

... rumors are strong that the front-runner is good ole Canadian Tire. Apparently, Capital Tickets.ca registered the domain name 'canadiantirecenter' already ...

... on the plus side, Canuck should be able to sue for some royalties ... i.e. Canuck Tire ... right? Right???

June 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Both canadiantirecentre.ca and canadiantirecentre.com have been registered, apparently.

Does this mean we can use CT money to buy beer? Or that CT money is more powerful than the currency Scotiabank uses?

New possible nicknames: "The Garage", "The Wheel", "Tire Shop", "Garden Centre", ...?

June 17, 2013 at 8:33 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Stooli's House of High Colonics!!! Stooli's House of High Colonics!!! Stooli's House of High Colonics!!!

June 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell
June 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Russell,

What will the house's slogan be? "Stooli's: good thing start here", "For days like today....when things aren't moving", or "There's a lot more to Stooli's than Colonics".

June 18, 2013 at 12:46 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Will the Alfie chant be replaced by the Albert chant?

June 18, 2013 at 3:14 AM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

Should have gone with the Pesky Center

June 18, 2013 at 7:43 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Not sure, Kardinal, but I bet the spring cleaning ads are going to be something else.

June 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Well I guess the good thing about the renaming is that Canadian Tire does sell leaf blowers...

June 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

So instead of "Taking back the Bank" will it be called "Cleaning out the Garage"?

June 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM | Registered CommenterChuckProuse

"Tidying up the tools"

I think the 300 level should now be referred to as "The Fan Belt".

June 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Cleaning out the Garage and The Fan Belt are funny

June 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

this is terrible:

Nucks Misconduct
In case you haven't been following the Calgary flood news, the Saddledome is becoming an aquarium. The waters have reached the luxury suites of the Flames home arena, the dressing rooms are completely submerged, and the jumbotron and equipment are destroyed. Wow.

June 21, 2013 at 6:27 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I've heard the water level being at the lower luxury boxes as being 14 rows of seats -- that'd be row N of the 100s at the CTC (top of 100s is row R). If the Carp river were to go as crazy as some of the creeks/rivers in Alberta, this could easily happen at the CTC as the entire 100 level is below grade. Yikes.

June 21, 2013 at 8:57 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal