Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Russell needs your help to keep eating!

Hey folks,

Took a big step today and left my place of employment for the last 23 years. I'm heading out on my own for a new adventure in life. The wife and I make cat trees and scratching posts and I'm going to give it a shot as a career. So, for all you folks in the Ottawa area, if you would be so nice as to tell your friends, family and co-workers that may own cats about us, it would be greatly appreciated. The company is called Black Diamond Cat Trees. website is www.blackdiamondcattrees.com.

Thanks underhogs!

June 3, 2013 at 4:54 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Good luck Russell, make lots and lots of money and I call on a lot of people who own their own businesses and it takes guts and perseverance to do what you are doing.
The one thing that always stands out is if you do something excellent there will always be a market for that.

June 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Thanks TJ. I'm nothing if not excellent!

June 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Good for you, Russell ... all the best in your new venture!

June 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Russ, Facebook and Twitter are your friend - link up the home page on your business website. Easier to spread the word that way :)

June 3, 2013 at 11:15 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Already on FB and Twitter, Dawg. Stooli is actually re-working our site as we speak.

June 3, 2013 at 11:26 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Courageous! Best of luck with your endeavours!
I'm not a cat person myself, don't know many either. Do you ship across the pond? In that case I'd surely recommend you.

June 4, 2013 at 2:17 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Not yet, Labru. Still a small, local outfit but one day I hope to ship to Mars! assuming, there are cats there.

June 4, 2013 at 9:43 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I like cats. They're delicious

June 5, 2013 at 2:56 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

June 5, 2013 at 2:56 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

June 5, 2013 at 2:57 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

I JUST GOT AN EMAIL READ ON THE JIM ROME SHOW!! EVEN SET OFF A SOUND BITE! I'M TAKING THE REST OF THE DAY OFF!

June 5, 2013 at 2:02 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

::: taps foot :: And what was the email about? And the soundbite?

Well done on the change in life -- I hope it goes well.

June 5, 2013 at 7:24 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

some guy called in and he sounded like Herbert the pervert form family guy. I just pointed it out and suggested he should have had ice cream truck music behind his call. rome replayed his call and played ice cream music!

and thanks for the wishes.

June 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I keep saying you are very quick witted and funny and now even JimRome's people think so--maybe u and Pan can team up on Cat comedy about eating cats or something?!?

June 6, 2013 at 12:55 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

eating cats woud now be a bad business move for me.

June 6, 2013 at 1:13 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Good job buddy. It requires a sizable sack to do what you're doing. Hope you strike it big! Hit up Dragon's Den! :)

June 6, 2013 at 3:38 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Wow good luck Russell! That's a pretty gutsy move and good on you. Those trees look all kinds of awesome.

June 16, 2013 at 1:05 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

A lot of people in Japan have cats. Let me know when you're ready to go after the East Asian market!

June 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator