Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 3

How awesome was the B's vs. Pens last night? Just what the doctor ordered :D GO Bs GO!
Glad Cooke got tossed right away after he stepped over the line (not sure that would have happened in the Ottawa series).
Sid the bib challenging Chara, while hiding behind the ref. Good on Chara for not biting because it was a 1-goal game at that point. But I'm sure he was temped in knocking the rest of Sid's teeth out.

My prediction: Boston in 5, Bylsma fired.

June 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Pukes aren't nearly as good when the rules are the same for both teams. To bad the Sens weren't given the same opportunity. Glad the Hawks beat the sleeping pills that are referred to as the Kings.

June 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Rask was amazing too--I'm not counting the Pukes out that easily. I'm still stunned that the Leafs should have taken the Bruins out, the Pukes will come back

June 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

B's get a lot more respect from refs than the sens do and they are big enough to get to the net. Pens are still dangerous but if they let the B's get in their heads with the rough stuff, they can be beaten.

June 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Craig Simpson on CBC last night said he was surprised Crosby was yapping at the refs, says he normally doesn't do that. I almost spilled my beer on that one.

June 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Simpson should go see his doctor. Memory loss is a serious symptom!
Crosby might not get many more changes to use his yap, after Chara shuts it for him.
I also like the fact that Boston hates Cooke and he's not suspended so the Boston faithful can have some fun with him :)
Where's Iginla been? Is any team going to offer him a contract after his playoff performance so far?

Agree with you Senior. Glad the Hawks are taking the boots to the Kings.

June 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Agree with the Kings vs. Chicago game. When they played yesterday I was worried I'd have to watch 90 minutes of the trap but thank god Chicago got their act together.

Pittsburgh was a disgrace yesterday... and now Sidney whining to the press all day today. Stay classy Penguins.

June 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Duthie on TSN tonight said that maybe the Globetrotter-style rout of the Sens made the Penguins over-confident.

... I think the truth is a little more hard to bear. Jeremy Jacobs has more pull to keep the refs out of it than Eugene Melnyk did ... no referee is going to screw with Jacob's team like they did the Sens.

June 3, 2013 at 1:44 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Kings in 7, Bruins in 4

June 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

sad but true u guys who bring up the respect the refs show the B's over the Sens. 4-1 B's in this game, I didn't see this coming but the Goalie position in Pitts seems to suck when not playing the Sens.

June 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

B's are thrashing the Pens and the refs are letting them do it. That makes a bit of a difference.

June 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I am starting to like the Little Ball of Hate. I hope Conacher can be somewhat as effective as that!

TJ, Voukun sucked agains the Sens too; they just did a poor job of getting to the rebounds or exposing him with quicker play.

June 3, 2013 at 11:18 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Marchand is the worst kind of rat cuz he can back up his rat-ness with goals. that drives you even more crazy. he is damn effective though.

June 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Who'd have thunk I'd be cheering for the B's one day? And this hard too?
Bears > Penguins

June 4, 2013 at 2:19 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Not so much cheering for Bruins as cheering against the pukes. However will be cheering for Hawks in finals.

June 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Seen this?

Link

Had me laughing out loud.

June 5, 2013 at 8:28 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

that game 3 was virtually no rules between Pens and B's. What if it had been that way vs sens? probably still wouldn't have won but, ......

June 6, 2013 at 12:21 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

so has anyone asked Sid if it's feasible that the Penguins can come back and win four in a row?

June 7, 2013 at 12:36 AM | Registered Commentervansensfan

@labru

Omg that reminds me when the league fined Alfie because he implied that the difference (during their rookie year) between Sid and Ovie was that one of them 'cried a lot'. He didn't say which one and the league fined him for slandering Crosby... lol

June 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Thought game 3 would be a good one to watch. Man was I right. From the Chicago series, I only watched highlights on NHL.com. I had the NBC feed and the Chicago highlights were from the CBC. And even from that... Wow Bob Cole is bad.
Doc Emrick >> Bob Cole

June 7, 2013 at 4:02 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

I was in Sports Chek to today. Was looking at the hockey jerseys and the sales guy walks up and asks me if I need any help. I picked up a Crosby jersey and asked him if it came with a bib. He just kind of looked at me kinda weird. Guess he's not a big hockey fan.

June 7, 2013 at 6:10 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

at the end of this Pukes v Bruins game Malkin pulled a Condra

June 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Wow......Shawn Thornton had more points in the BOS-PIT series than Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Iginla and Letang......combined.

I don't think I'm going to enjoy facing Boston 8 times next season, but certainly enjoyed watching them dismantle the myth that the Penguins are a "team of destiny". 1 Cup in four years of being that team. Fallout? I don't see Shero going anywhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bylsma is let go and added to the re-tread list of coaches looking for work.

June 8, 2013 at 12:43 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

bylsma wasn't the problem. rask was. he was awesome. plus, bruins mauled them. i guess jacobs still as more clout than mario.

June 8, 2013 at 1:36 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell