Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Round 2 Game 4 - Dirty Birds @ Pesky Sens

Russell u are starting to sound like Dean Brown when he talks about the officials--he says virtually the same thing u said in your post at 10:22pm.

He can't retire dammit!!!! he's still too good

May 22, 2013 at 10:57 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

this was the game i was afraid of. all the fire power the pens have coming to life and overwhelming the Sens. that first 2 mins in the 2nd started the ball rolling. still can't figure out what happened there. Maybe the pens just finally started to take Ottawa seriously and turned up their game.

May 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

did he say it on air, TJ?

seriously, I love hockey so much but i just feel like its hopeless. i'm going to have to figure a way to watch the games and not let the reffing matter to me. don't know how you do that but if I don't, I'm going to go Shredder on someone. its just so infuriating and there's not a thing you can do about it, or that anyone seems to want to do about it.

thank God we have these forums to rant in.

May 22, 2013 at 11:03 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Karlsson was a liability out there. He's got to stop trying to draw penalties. He caused the tying goal early in the 2nd period.

Gonchar's only problem was that he was playing on a team that was totally outmatched.

May 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

i'd have to say Gonch played one of the worst games I've ever seen him play tonight. he was totally unfocused.

Cowen has hit a wall too. he's looked lost out there at times and his physical game has disappeared.

overall, sens have shown the pens way too much respect. they've been way too nice to them. of course, its tough to play them hard when they are getting called for taps on the butt with their stick, like neil's penalty tonight. they must he afraid to touch them.

May 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

damn, a regrettable comment by Alfie tonight, and he's going to get roasted for it.

if i had to guess, he's going to retire and he was distraught over that likely being his last home game. what he said was true, but that won't help him. that's one i'm sure he'd like to have back.

May 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Yes the officiating was bad, but honestly in the 2nd I thought our boys looked really flat. Silfverberg and Z-bad were non-factors tonight and Cowen honestly looks pretty awful. However - it is also because Pittsburgh will make you look awful. I had to mute it while watching the game otherwise my rage at Healy's Pens-love would've been even worse.

May 23, 2013 at 12:51 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Watching this game in person was painful. What do you do when the referees won't call anything that happens to your players, let's a douchebag like Matt Cooke run around out there and throws anyone that stands up to him in the penalty box??? Can't so much as ruffled Malkin or Crosby's hair or in the box you go ...

I hate this frackking team. I want our team to defeat them, but failing that I want someone else to do it. I hate any and all evil empires, and that is what Pittsburgh is to me. A bunch of cheap shotting punks who got the best player in the world by lottery, and now all of the big name free agents go there to hoist a Cup with Sid because they couldn't do it on their own teams. Eff you, Iginla and Morrow ... you sold your souls.

May 23, 2013 at 1:12 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

The Sens cannot afford to have a bad game against those guys. They can compete with them but everyone has to "bring their A game". You can't afford to let down for even a moment, you can't make mistakes and you can't give up soft goals.

May 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

yeah Russell, DeanBrown during game 2 in Pittspuke after another missed call and GordWilson was going off about the refs and Brown calmly said u just have to realize that nothing with the officials will change and he himself finally came to just realize that it's never going to change and to just deal with it.

That's truly sad

May 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Alfie's a great leader. He has managed to do the same thing that Stache did in Round One against the Habs. He has made himself the centre of attention and that takes the focus/pressure off the younger players. I doubt that it was intentional but the end result is the same.

Doesn't matter what people think about what he said. Sens fans will stand behind him and Sens haters will not. Much ado about nothing.

May 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

I hope next game is out of reach real soon. Then just F@%k those pens up real good... Who cares about officiating then.

May 24, 2013 at 11:26 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

I was talking with Shredder the other night after the game and we both were losing our sh*t about the refs. we both agreed that if we cont. to let it get to us, we'll both be in straight jackets in the near future. but i just had a thought; if the refs get to me to the point i'm stressed out to a dangerous level, which I'm sure a lot of you are too, just imaging what its like to be a Sens player. can you even begin to imagine their frustration level?

May 24, 2013 at 12:12 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

The look on Alfie's face for his holding penalty on Oprick (when Oprick was holding Alfie's stick) said it all.. It was a look of disgust with a "yeah, whatever..."

May 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM | Registered CommenterHomer