Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Series 2 Game 3: Crosbies at Spezzas

and Eaton lost his stick Hockey Gods were really kind tonite

May 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Woohoo.

So after tonight's game looks like I figured out my curse. Couldn't drink during the Hab series. Had some beers the first two games of this series. No drinks tonight.

Looks like I'm on the wagon for the remainder of this series.

May 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Switched Sens shirts at the end of the 2nd period. Shirt that went 4 for 4 in habs series appears out of luck.

May 19, 2013 at 11:46 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Some of those saves by Andy were amazing-- he helped steal this one

May 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

PJ Stock was almost in tears after Sens won, and not happy tears.

May 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"Pageau's work created that F'ING GOAL" <-- this

I don't even care if they win this series anymore, this win, with Alfie's last minute goal, was such a big F U to the CBC, the Pens and their Fans and anyone else who rags on the Sens. SUCK IT!

May 20, 2013 at 12:05 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Greening was selected by the Ottawa Senators in the 7th round (204th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft held in Ottawa.
#1 Pick - Crosby
Sens 1st pick - Lee

Other picks: Niskanen, Neal, Latendresse, Matt Kassian, Letang, Vitale

The 2005 draft on a real display in this series

May 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

An hour after the game and I'm still winding down from it... Alfie's goal was insane, but really the game belonged to Andy. He played absolutely fantastic, that game was great, exactly what you'd want from the playoffs. (Although I have to admit the Montreal games were much less nerve-wracking)

May 20, 2013 at 12:55 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

@dawg
I know those were the Muckler-days, but Shero picked a hell of a lot better. Wow. To think the Sens could have had one of these: Niskanen, Neal or Letang instead of Lee... Just, wow.

May 21, 2013 at 3:52 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Andy was insanely good buts its not really fair to say he stole the game because Vokoun was out of his mind too. Just before Greening scored, i was cursing him for channeling Sawchuk.

May 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

alfie on jim rome at 1 pm today!!!

maybe now CBC will pay some attn.

May 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

labru--it was really a choice between Marc Staal and Kopitar instead of Lee at #9 but Muckler wanted a big Minnesota defenseman. Go figure

May 22, 2013 at 12:42 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

@tj
I know, and still Brian "Mr. Hockey" Lee, turned out worse than all of these later round picks of Pittsburgh alone.

May 22, 2013 at 4:55 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

yeah you're right, no wonder Muckler was let go and for good reason after a Cup run

May 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

If you consider the bunch we have now (incl. coach, scouting, development and GM) you can do nothing other than feel great about it (whatever further happens this series). Look at Pageau, Greening, Stone and Condra. These are all later round picks, and although most of them won't turn out to become elite players, you have to be exited about the things they manage to accomplish.

May 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru