Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Game 4: Montreal Disrispeks at Ottawa Time Outs

I don't think the league will be happy with Auge for that. I've never seen a ref speak out like this. I wonder if he's still employed by the NHL.

May 8, 2013 at 1:12 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Man what a game. It was so infuriating until those last few minutes when we first scored then tied it.

Also, dubious goal calls are a hallmark of any playoff series. (We all remember Brett Hull's skate in the crease for the winning goal that one year and then the Tampa series where it went to an unnecessary extra game)

May 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 44m

Michel Therrien:"our captain was crying in my arms when he learned he could not play anymore."

May 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

The comments above re: Zibanejad's goal reminded me of something from last night...

After the goal, the arena went bananas except for Habs fans... AND, one Sens fan in front of me, who turned around to talk to my buddy (Habs fan) and explain how he agreed it should be waived off. I IMMEDIATELY asked the "Sens Fan" to take off his jersey and leave! While the play was under review, the entire crowd was celebrating and willing the goal to stand. Guess what? That's what every single person in the Bell Centre would have done!

The goal stood, as it should!

Homer, how do you differentiate between "distinct kicking motion" and simply skating? I don't get why there is so much controversy when the slow motion replay CLEARLY shows the PUCK bouncing off #93's skate, AFTER which #93's left skate continues to slide away from the net, and forward as he stops.

What's more telling was that the ref immediately called it a goal and that NONE of the Habs protested.

Put this to bed people, and even if he kicked it in, support your team! God knows we are too apologetic and nice to others and are the pushovers of the league. Did anyone feel sorry for us when the Sens lost games on bogus goaltender interferences? I didn't think so.

May 8, 2013 at 3:59 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Guess I have to readjust my prediction that the Sens would only have themselves to thank for a win...
But #pesky nonetheless. But man that was bad for my heart. First the bad play and later after the first goal worrying if the time would be enough.

May 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Watching it tape delayed (As I'm sure you did too Labru) I was so, so very tempted to see if they managed to pull it off. Really happy I didn't, the surprise was a lot better.

May 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

The temptation was huge, as it often is, but I managed to stay cool and wait for the surprise.

May 9, 2013 at 6:22 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru