Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Game 3: Crying Canadians @ Senators

I gotta give Shanny credit though, he's CONSISTENTLY screwed the Sens and awarded their opponents with a pardon.

May 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

That's a disgrace! An effin' disgrace. They elbowed Conacher MULTIPLE TIMES to the head. You better believe they would've put a Senator away for that.

May 6, 2013 at 3:49 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Did anyone else here Cole say: "The Habs have already had a good scoring chance this period. The Sens, not so much." That was somewhere in the beginning of period 3, when the Sens had already scored!
Clodhopper!

May 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Also at the beginning of the 3rd, Cassey Campbell gave it back to Cole saying... "..., Bob". About a minute of nothing and then he started talking like nothing has happened.

I downloaded the feed from a site which called CBC the away feed. Sounds about right.

May 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

I did hear that, Labru. I tweeted this after that dead air happened:

"back to you, Bob". bob cole:" zzzzzzzzz.....huh!? wha.... WHAT A GOAL! WENDEL CLARK!! OOOOOHHH BABY!"

May 6, 2013 at 6:00 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Well it's not like there was any real doubt as to which team the NHL would like to see in the second round after the Gryba fiasco but I guess any chance of the Sens getting a fair shake from the league went out the window today with the decision not to discipline any of the habs players for their actions during last nights game. They could have issued a couple of token fines but they don't give a dam how bias they appear. It's a farce.

May 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

The only good thing about this is that other teams' fans and non-biased pundits are noticing all the BS the Sens are going through and are on the Sens side. The team is actually gaining respect and admiration around the league the way they have gone about their business all season, including the playoffs.

I am also liking the lack of whiners on the team. Silfverberg is a perfect example. He gets so much abuse when he's holding onto the puck but never turns around to cry to the ref about it. A lot of players on this team are like that. Just hard workers who play their asses off.

May 6, 2013 at 9:33 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Ridiculous that there wasn't any disciplinary action following this game.

Although the ref didn't call the instigating penalty, Gallagher did instigate a fight with Conacher with less than 5 minutes to go in the 3rd period.

Mr Shenanigans, may I refer you to rule 46.22 in your own rule book. You should give it a read sometime

46.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime)
A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12) shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident.
When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.
The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.

No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension as all incidents are reviewed by the Director of Hockey Operations as outlined above.

It's written right there in black and white. It's a freakin rule book, not a book of poems where the meaning is open to interpretation.

May 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Labru, I've learnt to enjoy Bob Cole the same way I enjoy Ilya Bryzgalov. It's Glen Healey I absolutely can't stand.

May 7, 2013 at 12:53 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

@Dawg

Glad you mentioned Ooh-Ah. He definitely is no Play Off MVP yet in the NHL, but I'm really liking Silfverberg's play so far in the PO's. Maybe not that physical, but the Elitserien is what it says: an elite league, he was one of the best there. The kid seems to handle the additional pressure well.

May 7, 2013 at 4:36 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

@SD

Might as well have been Healy who said the first quote I posted. I dislike 'em both and don't really care to distinguish between both of 'em. I noticed Galley was a bit less neutral than else too.

May 7, 2013 at 4:38 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

What's all this stuff about 'The Code' and everyone being upset about the time out call? You've got the right to 1 time out; IMO you can use it whenever you want.

I also don't see how this should motivate Montreal. Sorry but if you don't take enough motivation from an ass-whooping in the fights, the physical play and on the score board; one lousy time-out isn't going to do it for you.
Sure, I think the Habs will be a different bunch tonight, but not because of the tricks and tactics of #daWalrus.

May 7, 2013 at 5:38 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

that whole time out thing i so much crap. its just a bogus rally attempt by Therien. "oh, poor us, they called a late time out! how could you do that? we won't forget that!" yeah, right. the time out was against "the code" but taking repeated runs at our smaller players' heads is just fine. if anything, that should motivate Ottawa. if that's the best they can do for bill board material, then they have big problems.

Galley was right, I'm sure Maclean did that as a response to Therien sending his guys after Ottawa's smaller players. You want to be a dink, fine. We'll be dinks too. Way to be, Stache!

May 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Stache is totally in their heads and I love it! I love the "Aw, shucks, I was just looking out for my guys" approach. It makes sense but pissing off the Habs about the perceived lack of respect is a nice bonus, too.

Maclean has also managed to get everyone paying attention to what he says and does and that takes the pressure off the players. Smart.

May 7, 2013 at 10:07 AM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

Stache is also calm. Loves his response to Prust..

"Bug-eyed? I've never been called that before. That's a new one. Walrus? Meh. That's too easy," MacLean said. "But I'll tell you one thing: I am not fat. I might be husky, but I'm not fat. I took offense to that"

MacLean had to respond with something, and this was perfect. I don't think Therrien would have responded in the same manner.

MacLean's wit is much sharper than Therrien's Players will often emulate their coache's demeanor and it showed in game 3.

May 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

How about this one:

"Humiliated? Seems they're doing a good job themselves.

Sorry Therrien, but the only way to redeem yourself is on the ice. Words are nothing than trembling air. The scoreboard is what counts.

May 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru