Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Game 2 - Seaworld at Zee Crying Babies

Still loving Foligno for Methot. Positivity.

We're probably looking at a fresh 5 game series now. We will make adjustments.

May 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Islanders are winning!?!?

May 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Just caught up to the game, been watching it delayed. Love Bob Cole.
'Kyle Torus'

May 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

what a completely boring 3rd period-- very little push back here in this period

May 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Prust and Bourque on the bench. Says it all. THey look playoff ready. We need to make adjustments. Prust was holding the back of Bourque's head and basically rubbing it. Like brothers or buddies in the trenches. We need to bring the family back.

May 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

really disappointed in this effort. easy win for MTL. no price paid for it.

May 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Isles win

May 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

he can't play Kassian again

May 3, 2013 at 9:41 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

those 3 saves on the PP by Price when the score was 2-1 was the complete turning point

May 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Now they show some emotion. That should have been happening all night.

May 3, 2013 at 9:44 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

We have a decent team. We don't show signs of being playoff team. Great points made by you guys about Kassian, toughness, Price on the PK.
It's a new 5 game series. Positiivity.

May 3, 2013 at 9:45 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Well we're going back to Ottawa tied 1-1, we've essentially neutralized their home ice advantage

May 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

if u told me they'd be 1-1 going to Ottawa before series started I'd have taken that, Habs are the 2nd seed after all and the favorites in this Series

May 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Habs kicked our butts tonight for sure. But they are paying a price for their physical play. If the Sens can step up their physical game you could very well see the habs slow down and back of the physical stuff. Need to make them pay for every puck in the corner or scramble in front of the net.

May 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Know what? I don't care. We are in the playoffs. After Karlsson's tendon injury, I thought we were done for the year, and I wasn't the only one.

The fact that Ottawa is even in the playoffs is still sweet for me. And it will go to at least Game 5.

Positivity! :-)

May 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM | Registered CommenterBoingy

sens had better bring a whole bunch more compete to the next game. only emotion we saw was scrum after game was ove wwhen Subban went after alfie. and you know what? smart play by Subban. why wouldn;t he? The sens gave him a free pass all night. That's what Ottawa should have been doing all night, going after the habs every chanve they had. its obvious that MTL is faster, So, you have to bring it into the alley a bit more.

May 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Know what? I don't care. We are in the playoffs. After Karlsson's tendon injury, I thought we were done for the year, and I wasn't the only one.

The fact that Ottawa is even in the playoffs is still sweet for me. And it will go to at least Game 5.

Positivity! :-)

My friends did ask me what it was like having my team in the playoffs... (as opposed to Edmonton and Winnipeg that didn't make it in)

I have to agree with the podcast I forget if it was the 23.3 or the 23 episode proper where they said it was better watching when the Senators were the underdogs and I agree. Those years we were supposed to go further and didn't was way more frustrating than watching these games where any win is well fought and earned.

Karlsson looked rough out there tonight, I'm sure the back to back games took a bit of a toll, hopefully he'll be rested up for Sunday.

May 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

I hope Karlsson was just tired and not (re)injured, because he looked like the slowest guy out there (which is totally NOT Karlsson!). Also it's a bit scary how important he is for the flow of the Sens' game, if he's doing alright, the team is twice as good, if not.....

May 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

They all looked slow IMO... it felt like they were scared that rattling the other team would cause a brawl or a riot.

I sure hope that the Sens fans at SBP burry the Habs fans.

May 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

I don't want to deliberate to much about the suspension, because it's water under the bridge, but I fear the ruling has some severe side effects, this being one of them. Curious what Pierre McGuire has to say about this, since he also thought the hit was clean and he always stresses that we have an incredible fast and nonetheless physical sport. This suspension will no doubt affect Gryba's confidence in hitting. It also affected the rest of the team last game IMO.
I say, don't worry about brawls or whatever, the worst that can happen is a loss. Well, they lost without a brawl or riot anyway, so... just be yourself, be physical, hit the crap out of them and try to rattle Price as much as possible.
I hope the Sens can use the home ice to their advantage as they've shown they can during the season. Let the Paulrus shine, not too sure about Kassian though. Okay, the should be more physical, but the insertion of Kassian didn't provide that. They also need PP success, the insertion of Kassian didn't provide that either. Maybe Weircioch could help there?

May 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru