Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Round 1 - around the NHL

Not that it matters as the Caps lost, but exactly how much of a run does OV have to take at a guy before its charging?

May 14, 2013 at 2:21 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Happy Leafs Elimination Day Y'all!
#NowThatWouldHaveBeenSomeUpset
#GolfIsANobleSport

May 14, 2013 at 2:46 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

So I was on the TSN site last night reading all the posts by laf fans. Blaming this player or that or the refs for their choke. So I posted " Losers got to lose. It's the way of the universe. Deal with it" The moderator blocked it. Guess he couldn't deal with it.

May 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

I'm sure Buttman is going to love this OV quote:

“How can there be no penalties at all (on one team) during the playoffs?” he said.

“I am not saying there was a phone call from (the league), but someone just wanted Game 7. For the ratings. You know, the lockout, escrow, the league needs to make profit ... I don’t know whether the refs were predisposed against us or the league. But to not give obvious penalties (against the Rangers), while for us any little thing was immediately penalized.”

May 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

There is 3 super teams left in my opinion Jonathan Quick, Pittspuke and Chicago and its going to be something to see if Chicago can ever score on Quick

May 15, 2013 at 10:49 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Whoever wins the West will eat the East alive, their games are something else. In the game last night there were at least a million turn overs.

May 15, 2013 at 3:08 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

going to be interesting to see if the refs will allow Boston, assuming the finish off the rangers, to play tough against the Pens. you know they'll want to and they won't show them as much respect as Ottawa did. would love to see them manhandle the bib and co.

May 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

You should already know the answer to the question if the officials will let Boston play their game

It's NO, not against the only Canadian team left in the playoffs

May 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Everyone with an IQ north of a cucumber knows that the pens get special treatment. But remember who owns the bruins. He will not sit back and let the refs screw his team. If he calls butmans office, Gary will simply ask "how high sir."

May 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Great series like the Hawks vs Wings except for bob cole. He some how manages to ruin the atmosphere of the games.

May 27, 2013 at 11:08 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Imagine, I even get that from the highlights I watch on NHL.com.

May 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

who would have ever thought that viewers here in the US get much better play by play announcers than u guys get in Canada, at least on the CBC. Emrick is one of the best I've ever heard IMO, but he's no Dean Brown.

May 28, 2013 at 8:51 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

The Sharks were robbed!!!!!!!

by the frikkin' Quick guy

May 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Ya. To bad Sharks lost. Was hoping for a Hawks - Sharks series. Find Kings crash and bang style of hockey boring.

May 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

so if anyone saw the goal that was waived off in the 3rd period of Hawks v. Wings game tell me what would have happened on these threads if that ref had waived off a goal by the Sens in game 7 of a playoff game. Nuclear explosion would have been tame compared to what we would have did I bet.

May 29, 2013 at 11:31 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I'm not even really a Chicago or Detroit fan but when I saw that goal waived off I was yelling in my chair. That was an effin' disgrace by the refs... just a disgrace. Imagine if Chicago had lost in overtime.

May 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

listened to Detroit talk show hosts today and the 2 guys I heard said it was one of the worst calls of all time and both wanted the Wings to win the damn game. Walkum or however u spell his name is turrrrrible. but aren't they frikkin all.

May 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

You know what that call was? It was the old "I don't want to give one team a PP late in an important game that might decide the game" so he ends up calling off setting minors when only a Wings penalty was deserved. So the donkey blows his whistle and the goal doesn't count.

Since he already got bit in the ass with the call, the NHL decided to to chew the rest of it off and fully supports the call. What a surprise.
What would not surprise me is that Walkon continues to ref into round 3, for the sole purpose to give the illusion that the NHL is 100% behind this call.

You know, I really hope the same thing happens in OT of a deciding game of the Cup finals. The NHL deserves it.

May 31, 2013 at 6:28 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

already announced, Homer. Walkom is in 3rd round.

May 31, 2013 at 8:21 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@Homer

You know, I really hope the same thing happens in OT of a deciding game of the Cup finals. The NHL deserves it.

Oh god and it has... how many people remember the goal that never got reviewed for Calgary that forced a game 7- or Hull's 'skate in the crease' with the Dallas Stars.

May 31, 2013 at 12:13 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

good call Homer, I have no doubt u could do a much better job than the jackasses in charge of this stupid league. Of course that could be an insult to u since it wouldn't take that much to do a better job......

All kidding aside these dinosaurs that run this league are absolutely awful.

May 31, 2013 at 4:28 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

played golf with Senior today. wore my cbc hat and did my bob cole calling our round impression. shook him for the whole day and got hm by 2 strokes!

May 31, 2013 at 4:50 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Think it had more to do with Tim Conway and his father in front of us.

May 31, 2013 at 6:34 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior