Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Round 1 - around the NHL

that hit was high with an elbow and he jumped up to do it--it should 3 or 4 games but knowing these guys it probably won't be more than Gryba got

May 4, 2013 at 11:09 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Hey Russell even your boy Al Strachen didn't believe Gryba should have been suspended

May 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

if anybody is watching this Blues v Kings series u know why the Sharks and Canucks wanted no part of either of these teams in first round

May 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

The hit was definitely worse than Gryba's. I'm just curious as to how Shanaban reacts based on the fact that results weren't as gruesome, but potentially worse with the degree of concussion.

May 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Holy Crap.

Islanders tied it up 4-4 with 9 left in the 3rd.

tj's got to love that !!!

Crown chanting MVP for Tavares

May 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Blues-Kings series is fantastic. Hard, fast, and two viscious forechecks. Really fun to watch.

May 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Minnesota/Chicago is like twice the speed of Pittsburgh/NYI. Chicago looks really, really good.

May 5, 2013 at 4:06 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

missed the Isles v Pukes game but sure would have loved if it the Isles had won.

May 5, 2013 at 6:36 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

So. Islanders have won a game against the pukes. Wild have beaten the black hawks and lafs won against the bruins. Thought all 3 series would go 4-0.

May 5, 2013 at 9:06 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

This day has been great. I've been watching hockey since I woke up this morning and now watching the Vancouver game before I go to bed. And with the Senators win it just makes it all awesome. I love you hockey playoffs.

May 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

'Hey guys, I'm new to this whole forums thing. Hope I can provide some insight as a New England snes fan. Go b's, beat the maple turds. And obviously, go sens go, let's be rederer'

Greetings Mr. Milbank. So how are the Bruins fans handling being embarrassed by the lafs. I wished they play like that when we play them.

May 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Sigh. Thanks for setting women's rights back 50 years lady.

May 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

i really shouldn't let this get to me but here's my cbc/tsn rant of the night.

cbc, coach's corner, Ron to don; " boy, mtl is in it tough".

another way of looking at it, Ron, would be; " Boy, is Ottawa ever sitting pretty now."

TSN highlight of the night, from Game 4: Subban's goal. yeah, like THAT was the defining goal of the game.

Everything is from the MTL perspective. The Sens really are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NHL. Just imagine how bad it would be if it was the leafs and not that habs!!!!!!!

May 8, 2013 at 9:01 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Phaneuf just cost the Leafs the game on an idiotic pinch to lay a hit on Horton.

Krejci goes the other way to complete the hattie.

Suck it Phaneuf!

May 8, 2013 at 10:27 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Thank you Dion... clap, clap, clap-clap-clap

May 8, 2013 at 10:55 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

was hoping the Laffs would win, I want this to go 7 so whoever wins is beat the hell up afterwards. don't like either of these damn teams.

May 9, 2013 at 12:27 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

@Russell
I wonder what they have to talk about when all other Canadian teams are eliminated? They'll find a way to kiss the asses of Boston, Pittsburgh and the likes.

May 9, 2013 at 6:27 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

I'm trying to remember who they got behind last year after everyone went out in round 1... Pittsburgh... Boston... Ottawa... Vancouver. Not really sure.

It's also not that CBC hates Ottawa, they're just Toronto/Montreal (and out West) Vancouver centric. WPG played almost every single Saturday game at 1:00pm and I think we were on CBC like twice this year. So why were we always playing so early? You also never hear coverage about Calgary or Edmonton in the same capacity as the big three.

May 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

After all those years still no home wins for the Leafs... that must suck, eh?

May 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

I used to think I hated Boston much more.... but the satisfaction I get from the Leafs losing is priceless

May 9, 2013 at 3:01 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Leafs win to stave of elimination, fans tear up taxi in celebration. Story: Leafs fans briefly riot after Game 5

What the heck would happen if the Toronto Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup?

Geez, hold on, what’s going to happen if we comeback and beat the Boston Bruins?

Is Toronto going to burn, and crumble, under the idiotic hands of exuberant and inebriated fans?

Hope not.

After the Leafs dominated the Bruins again, this time winning, fans who had gathered to watch the game celebrated by destroying a taxi.

A group of fans walking north on York St., after leaving Maple Leafs Square, shifted from the sidewalk to the road, blocking traffic.

A Beck Taxi driver caught in the middle of it all honked to get through. Bad move.

A group of young men circled the taxi, climbed on top of it and began punching it all around.

Then they managed to rip off the Back Taxi roof symbol; it was lauded around as some sort of faux Stanley Cup by a few men until one of them smashed it on the road.

Another man kicked the broken pieces as Toronto police finally moved in, on foot and on horse.

Police quickly dismantled the rowdy group, moving them further north up York St. where it dispersed to subway station.

All this for a Game 5 win to force Game 6 back at the Air Canada Centre. Oh, and all this as bystanders watched, laughing, capturing it all on smartphones.

I think if Toronto did win the Cup, judging by this brief, isolated incident, Leafs fans may just one-up the disgusting display Vancouver saw in 2011.

May 11, 2013 at 1:18 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

come on give them a break--IT WAS GAME 5 AFTER ALL!!!!!!

May 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Anyone else watching the Pens-Islanders game tonight?

Cheering for NY, hope Carks abuses a few Penguins

May 11, 2013 at 7:11 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

JT91 gets NY on the board !

May 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM | Registered CommenterHomer