Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Round 1 - around the NHL

need a thread for other happenings around the league in 1st round

can't have to many threads, right tj?

Up 1st.... Josh Harding just crapped himself. He's a surprise starter for the Wild tonight with Niklas Backstrom going down to injury in the warmup.

April 30, 2013 at 8:08 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

and another shocker in this Hawk v. Wild game, Tim Peel with a weak ass penalty call on the Wild. Tim Peel really does suck how in the world does he still have a job in this league

I love starting threads that need to be deleted

April 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Yay for paying another $4.99 a month to watch the playoffs in order to fool my Gamecenter location into a non-blacked out coverage.

Hooray NBC with your "National Coverage" on channels only available on the upper tier cable networks.

April 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

You're not alone there Agent Orange. Do what you have to do :)

April 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

St. Louis is not messing around. They are putting the boots to LA.

April 30, 2013 at 9:40 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

bounce pass off glass in Chicago for win = just sick.

quick's cough up for loss = different type of sick.

April 30, 2013 at 11:32 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Ryan Suter played just over 41 minutes. that's kinda nuts. there was only 1 other person over 30 mins.

April 30, 2013 at 11:50 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

if Andy or Lehner did what Quick did how sick would we all be?

May 1, 2013 at 12:33 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I was watching LA/St.Louis online last night and just started spouting incoherent gibberish when that happened. Just could not believe it. Bad way to win in overtime but can't blame the Blues for that one.

It's hard to blame a goalie for one bad play (especially considering all Quick did the rest of the game) but man. If Anderson or Lehner did it I would want to eat them alive.. lol. But I also feel the same way when a centre, forward or D gives up a terrible puck. They're human I guess, they'll make mistakes.

May 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

I really enjoyed watching the first game of the Toronto/Boston series. The Leafs were running around all night like chickens with their heads cut off!

May 2, 2013 at 3:15 AM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

Lafs were exposed for what they are, a bunch of 3rd liners and goons who try and get by working hard and trying to intimidate the opposition.

May 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

I actually thought I would prefer it if Toronto won vs. Boston but omg after watching last night it was amazing. The anguish in everyone's voices as they were outmanned, outplayed and completely out-goaltended. I had a glass of wine in my hand like a super villain as I watched the spectacle unfold. Then I'd switch over to Pittsburgh/Islanders when it got boring. Unfortunately both games were sort of blowouts.

May 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

True story from the wife today:

"I got into the elevator this morning and a guy got on with a Leaf jersey on, I looked at him confused and said " you know they lost right?" he told me to f off and that they played a good game. He told me to f off!!! so about 10 mins ago a guy comes to my office to give me his severance form for me to pay out, IT'S HIM!!! I told him i'm so sorry but the dead line was April 14, so sorry. He is now in with my boss, freaking, and told him I was rude to him on the elevator. He told me to f off and i'm the rude one????

Leafs really do suck!!"

oh leafers, you are the best.

May 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Cheers to mrs. Pigman!

I haven't seen a Leafer for ages :-P

May 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Leafers: Losers in sports, losers in love and losers in life. Morons.

May 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Couple of things from last night lafs game. Was that really Kelly I saw filling in some laf who got a bit rambunctious? And I loved the panic in the announcers and panel when they realized that the blue slime have no chance in this series.

May 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Senior, I love the somber note in Bob Cole's tonight when it was 4-2 Sens.... It was like watching a live funeral (kinda is actually) but he couldn't be less excited. And Galley just disappeared completely. They weren't really pumping Sens' or Anderson's tires even thought they should have.

May 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Watched a period of the Vancouver-SJ game. Heck of a lot better game than Sens game. Much faster, hard hitting. Real playoff hockey.

May 4, 2013 at 12:31 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

from Wayne Scalan's article. well said.

"In announcing Friday afternoon that Gryba would be suspended for two games, the NHL ruled Gryba violated Rule 48, contact to the head, but they might just as well have said they wanted to prevent further provocation by keeping Gryba out of uniform for a couple of nights. In other words, a series sedative.

The optics were horrible, Eller lying face down on the ice, blood pooling around him. The fact NHL commissioner Gary Bettman was in the arena that night may have been a factor in the suspension, which does nothing to clarify what the league views as an illegal hit and what is not.

A discussion for another day, when cooler heads prevail – what should and should not be allowed by way of head contact? At the moment, despite all of the scientific evidence about effects on our ‘grey matter,’ grey area describes the application of NHL rules where head shots are concerned."

May 4, 2013 at 1:20 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

That Ranger player who hit Alfie in the head last year and concussed him, that wasn't Rule 48? What absolute friggin dopes these guys who run this league are

May 4, 2013 at 11:26 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I love it when the CBC guys say "Randy Carlyle is not happy"

by looking at his sour puss face how can they tell when he's happy or not happy?

May 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Hey guys, I'm new to this whole forums thing. Hope I can provide some insight as a New England snes fan. Go b's, beat the maple turds. And obviously, go sens go, let's be rederer

May 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM | Registered CommenterJohn Milbank

Shanaban watch:

Abdelkader (DET) delivered a hit similar to Gryba's tonight against Lydman. He may have left his feet a little, but again a five minute major and a game after a lengthy delay while the trainers tended to Lydman.

Let's see what Shanny thinks of this one, unless they really want to expose their suspension based on injury metric that is not supposed to matter.

May 4, 2013 at 9:40 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

TJ I had to switch to the NESN feed to make it watchable. NESN!

May 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

AO, that hit was MUCH worse than Gryba's. If Gryba's was worth 2 games, that hit is easily 4.

May 4, 2013 at 10:02 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell