We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss. If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!
those 2 r the best sites once u fight thru the spam--CBC does not work in US
To add to TJ's list:
Another thing that will possibly cost us - penalties. Montreal get an absurd amount of powerplays per game and their powerplay is pretty strong.
that's because they do flop all over like dead fish. and great news, it looks like we drew O'rouke. we'll have to beat him as well as the habs, *facepalm*
Here's another one:
How about some predictions?
Here are the questions from SilverSevenSens:1. Who will score more points, Erik Karlsson or P.K. Subban?
2. Who will win the battle in the crease, Craig Anderson or Carey Price?
3. Can Ottawa's league-leading penalty kill contain Montreal's potent powerplay?
4. What form do you think the 417 Rivalry will take, once the series is said and done? Which players from either team will animate the rivalry, if anyone?
5. What's your series prediction?
neil and gallagher will be much hated in each opposing city before this is over.
1.EK is da man! I'll say 6 pts
2.Andy's a dandy (sorry). He needs to be, because if Lehner needs to help out, we might be in too deep already.
3.Jup. There'll be MTL PPG's, but just a few.
4.Smith and Tinordi
5.Ottawa in 7, at least 3 games to OT.
Props to SensGab on her Sens themed fingernails on her twitter page!!
Who'd have thunk that after 4 games, Ottawa's standing would be better than Pittsburgh's?
Why is it that players are allowed or even encouraged to hate each other, but disrispek is over the line? Is that also a 'Code'-thing?
Guess we know now when is a better time to have all your injuries at once. Not in the Play Offs, but the regular season, preferably the beginning.
Big news today:
Spezza is skating with the "Black Aces". That's a major step from what Paularus was talking about only last week with his "public skating" rather than any sort of practice.
Can anyone explain how the second round matchups work?I think I saw a graphic after last nights game showing the possible scenarios resulting in different teams that Ottawa could face in the 2nd round. I thought the Sens just play whoever wins between PIT/NYI.
Matchups work the same way as round 1: highest seed vs. lowest seed, 2nd highest vs. 2nd lowest, etc.
The only difference would be if NY, Boston, NYI won then there'd be a little bit of mix and match. If NYI won, then they're still considered the 8th seed and would play the next highest, which would be Washington if they won, if not it'd be Boston.
I was right on 3 of 5 predictions. Not too many others joined the predictions though, so reflection is not that much fun.
1. Jup, EK had 6 pts. (PK 4, for that matter).
2. Andy clearly won the battle in the crease. The only time I saw Lehner, was wildly gesturing during the line brawl in G3.
3. Ottawa PP > MTL PK (Ottawa PP was even better, although it was more of a paper tiger, since the games were out of reach by then)
4. Bit wrong on that one, MTL seemed to hate Turris and Conacher more, OTT seemed to hate Gallagher and Subban more.
5. Ottawa won, but not in 7 and only 1 went to OT.