Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Game 47: Sens @ lower case letters

Interesting news: Erik Karlsson has been added to the Senators active roster. It doesn't mean he plays tonight though.

Screenshot of roster courtesy of @Steve_Lloyd

April 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Lines at game day skate:

Greening-Smith-Alfredsson
Michalek-Turris-Conacher
Condra-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Latendresse-Pageau-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Gryba-Phillips
Gonchar-Cowen

April 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Happy Karlsson Day, groundhogs.

EK65 will be playing tonight.

April 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Karlsson back in the lineup?

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!!!!!!

April 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

Yeah just saw it on NHL.com

"Senators announce Erik Karlsson will play Thursday vs. Capitals"

"I have no concerns," Senators coach Paul MacLean said Wednesday when asked if Karlsson was coming back too soon. "If he says he's ready to play, then he's ready to play. He's done the work."

Wow, I won't be watching this live but I will be watching it.

April 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

'Karlsson won’t be able to do anything at all. He could be wearing in a cast for as long as three months. “The range is usually six to 12 weeks, depending on how it heals,” said Kulkarnia.
Following that, the Senators defenceman will be required to go through an arduous recovery process to build up strength in the tendon and his leg muscles. “Usually it takes a good three months of rehab, but generally, athletes recover faster,” said Kulkarnia.
And apparently, Swedish mutants recover even faster than that. (And, predictably, people are already asking the question.)
The impact in enormous here for the Senators, who still haven’t clinched a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. He had 10 points in 14 games before his injury, after his star-making Norris Trophy campaign of 78 points in 81 games in the previous year.
Without Karlsson and Jason Spezza, also injured, the Senators dropped from fourth (2.96) to 27th (2.33) in the NHL for goals per game. Their power play went from 11th (18.2 percent) to 20th (16.6 percent).
We didn’t expect to see Erik Karlsson again until training camp. Instead, he skates in Game 45 of the regular season.
That’s incredible. That’s superhuman. That’s insane.
Not as insane as an NHL owner initiating a forensic investigation into an accidental injury, but still sorta crazy.
Oh, yeah, by the way: Matt Cooke vs. Erik Karlsson in Round 1 could happen.
Hockey’s the greatest …"

this is from PuckDaddy at Yahoo

April 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

The Golden Gawd and EK65 are both Swedish mutants

April 25, 2013 at 2:01 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Easy, everyone. Its amazing that Karlsson is coming back (assuming that he isn't coming back too soon. I have to admit that the timing worries me a bit).

But...keep in mind that this will be his first game back from a very, very serious injury. Don't expect much from him tonight. In fact, he may really struggle tonight.

Lets NOT make tonight all about him. We need to crash the net, we need whoever plays goal tonight to SLAM THE FREAKING DOOR, and we need our D to be like flypaper on Ovechkin (assuming they don't rest him). Karlsson's return is good news, but there is a LOT more that needs to go right if Ottawa is going to clinch.

April 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM | Registered CommenterBoingy

just a thought: The Caps know they may very well meet Ottawa in the play-offs. They know what EK65 means to the Sens. I'll be watching to see how they play him tonight. If it was the other way around, I know I'd like to see our guys play him as hard as possible.

April 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Facing another back-up again...

I don't see it happening tonight, I'm sorry.

April 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

LALALA!

April 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Listening over the Team 1200 online (only way to hear the game out here on Vancouver Island) - they are totally bumming me out. No faith.

April 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM | Registered Commenteregirlwonder

Worried about Karlsson. Not a big guy and relys on his quickness to stay out of harms way. I can see him having a less than stellar game. But hope I am wrong.

April 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Condra is now with Silf and ZBad, I guess this line needed someone to hit some posts or just miss the net

April 25, 2013 at 7:05 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

OOOAAHHZIBBYGARBAGE?

April 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

oh hell, a backup goalie

April 25, 2013 at 7:10 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

AND TIM PEEL

April 25, 2013 at 7:10 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

it's amazing Alfie's on the ice and he immediately creates a good scoring opportunity

April 25, 2013 at 7:11 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Ah Karlsson's first shift!

April 25, 2013 at 7:11 PM | Registered CommenterSensGab

Goddamn Team 1200 - talking about the anthem post puck-drop!

April 25, 2013 at 7:13 PM | Registered Commenteregirlwonder

E-Girl, it's the time difference.

April 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

@pandemodium - no, one announcer was trying to call the game while the other was totally talking about the "warbly" rendition >:/

April 25, 2013 at 7:15 PM | Registered Commenteregirlwonder

as least EK65 shoots the damn puck

April 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

the Sens are very lucky it's not 1-0 Caps after that sequence

April 25, 2013 at 7:17 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

as least EK65 shoots the damn puck

unfortunately we've seen that with the sens more shots doesn't always mean more goals.

April 25, 2013 at 7:17 PM | Registered CommenterSensGab