Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Game 46: Cooke apologists @ Senators

3-1 for whoever they are playing against

April 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

so how many of you want the Sens to finish #8 or out of the playoffs? either way it will suck since it's painfully obvious they can't even beat the Pens B team

April 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

whatever... it's like getting kicked in them

April 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

3-1 for whoever they are playing against

who ever said that is a moron

April 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

of course, you want in, wherever. LA was 8th last year.

April 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"sensunderground Potvin is right. that should not be a call. once again, this has not been a banner night for refs."

it was that way for both teams tonite

April 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

... you pieces of crap!!! If you don't want it, don't bother showing up ... thanks for wasting my time.

April 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Russell

even if it's like 08 and a 4-0 sweep?

April 22, 2013 at 10:15 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

that's a leaf way of thinking. gotta be at the dance.

April 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Washington, Philly and Boston and they need 3 points, that's going to be tough

April 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I'll take 8th place! I'd rather us make the playoffs than not at all. A playoffs with the Leafs and not the Sens would just be brutal! That's something i've never had to deal with before.

April 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM | Registered CommenterSensGab

Crap, crap, crap. This loss is very bad news. 3 points and only four games left.

Unless I'm mistaken, they're toast if they lose to Washington. Am I wrong? My math isn't as good as Pan's.

April 22, 2013 at 10:19 PM | Registered CommenterBoingy

They can't find the back of the net to save their lives. This team doesn't deserve a playoff spot and even if they do find some way to make it in, their first round opponent is going to go through them like crap through a goose.

April 22, 2013 at 10:19 PM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

or a duck though a puddle.

April 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Ya know, we weren't exactly scoring up a storm at the very beginning of the season when Spezza and Karlsson were still playing. This is the season of no scoring.

I'm wondering if we're just too young. Just not enough gritty veterans?

April 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

About a month ago I emailed the show. I figured that about 55 points would be needed to make the playoffs.

at the time the Sens had 36 points in 29 games, which is a .621 win percentage. They only needed to play .500 for the remaining games to get 55 points. Since then, they gotten 16 points in 16 games.

OK guys.... you DON'T need to prove my math. you can win a few games more that a .500 record.

April 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

According to this website, the Sens still have something like a 92% chance to make the playoffs. I hope that's right because my "spider sense" is tingling....

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Northeast/Ottawa.html

April 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

That 92% number makes no sense to me. How can that be if they need 3 points and only have three games left, two of them against tough opponents?

Me no get it.

April 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM | Registered CommenterBoingy

It probably takes into account what Washington, Winnipeg, and the two New York teams are likely to do in their remaining games. I have to admit that 92% sounds pretty optimistic.

April 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

Just a smidge optimistic, yes, considering that Ottawa couldn't even beat Pittsburgh's B-Team tonight.

I love this team, but I'm a realist. I think we're cooked. I am one disappointed and frustrated fan tonight.

April 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM | Registered CommenterBoingy

Just checked that site again: after the game was over, they lowered Ottawa's chances to 85%.

Still sounds pie-in-the-sky to me.

Mmmmmmmm. Pie.

April 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM | Registered CommenterBoingy

It's kind of sad... cause the Jets are right on their heels now. I'd hate for the Jets to make it in at the cost of the Sens =/

April 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

@Boingy to be fair, wasn't Pittspuke's B team assembled when their GM traded garbage and crap picks for a bunch of top-line players from the West?

How that team manages to stay under the salary cap is beyond my comprehension...

April 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

@ dadexter, Yes, even Pittsbarf's B team is solid. They showed it last night. Still, they were beatable.

@Spezzial Delivery: at least if the Jets make the playoffs, you'll be able to watch some hockey locally that won't make you want to pull your eyeballs out. Spare a thought for Sens fans stuck in this gigantic prison known as Toronto. It is going to be un-friggin'-bearable around here when the playoffs start, especially if Ottawa craps out.

Please send care packages! With beer! And scotch! We're gonna frickin' need it!

April 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM | Registered CommenterBoingy

Frankly, I think if the Sens can't finish in 7th, I'd rather them miss the post-season than having to listen to 4-7 games of "Matt Cooke is a changed man".

I hate Pittspuke so bad I USED to respect Iginla.

April 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter