Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > The Festivus thread, sort of.

What's the Underground without a little negativity?

Lots of guys have stepped up this year and played above and beyond. But who's has disappointed you this season?

for me, Its Smith. what has he brought that a half dozen other guys from Bingo couldn't do? he doesn't score anymore, he won't fight anymore, all he does is forecheck and i guess he's been ok defensively. so, he's Condra. I was expecting a lot more from him.

other suggestions?

April 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Regin. Murray has given him every opportunity in the world and he hasn't performed.

April 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM | Registered CommenterChuckProuse

TJ and Jonesy are going to be all over this thread... :))

Everyone's bitchin about Regin but after the major injuries he had, I am not surprised he's struggling this year. Remember how good he was when healthy and confident vs. the Pens in the playoffs? I am not saying he doesn't suck this year, I'm just saying "what did you expect"?

I agree on Smith. I expected a lot more from him. He's supposed to be taking over Neil's job as an energy guy to make a big hit, start a fight, be a pain the arse for the other team and chip in with the occasional goal. I would have sat him over O'Brien all these game. NOW, O'Brien sucks because his confidence is in the gutter.

Greening was really grinding my gears until 10 or so games ago when he really stepped it up with hitting, forecheck, scoring, etc.

Stache is beginning to disappoint me a little with:
- not spreading out ice time more evenly
- not juggling lines enough during slumps

April 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

re: Regin.

did we really expect anything from him? everyone always says "he was great in that pitts series" but that was a 6 game blip. other than that, he's failed to show anything other than he's fragile. sooner or later, we have to accept that this is the real Regin, not that guy who played well for 6 whole games. this is who he is.

April 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Greening's problem is consistency. when he's driving hard to the net, he's effective but he doesn't do it enough.

April 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

hey! this worked! smith and greenng scored!

quick, someone call someone else out!

April 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Hmm, looks like Regin didn't play. I'll be watching you next game bud.

April 11, 2013 at 11:36 PM | Registered CommenterChuckProuse

Smith and Regin are both 3rd round picks--These 2 even making the NHL where they were drafted is a small miracle in itself if you ask me.

So can't really be that disappointed in them even though it does look like Smith has regressed and Regin is just to fragile to make any impact at this level.

No one has disappointed me--just all those injuries

April 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln