Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Suggestions on how to break the losing streak

Suggestions? My thoughts:

1) Sit Kassian and put O'Brien in. We need scoring, not a big tough guy who doesn't play all that much per game.
2) Put Z Smith back as centre between Latendresse and Alfie.
3) Bring up Da Costa for between O'Brien and Condra on 4th line.
4) Give Turris a night off.
5) Benoit and Wiercioch back together on D; Methot with Gonchar; Gryba with Phillips.
6) Find a way to get K-Dawg back from Boston. He leaves and the team starts to lose. Coincidence?

April 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

don't have O'rourke ref any more games.

I thought the turris-alfie-gui line had their best game in a couple of weeks last night.

Maybe the reality of the situation has finally hit them and the pressure is getting to the young guys. before, there were no expectations on them. Now, miss the play-offs and you're chokers.

if all else fails, call in the slump busters!

April 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Bring in the dads for the rest of the season. And if it works, keep then for the playoffs.

April 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I stole this one from varada @WTYKY

They're becoming the Cardiac Kids (in the wrong sense of the word)!

How to break the streak? Just be patient, roll 4 lines again (i.o.w. sit Kassians ass). They won some games they shouldn't have, now they're losing some they shouldn't... that's life for ya.

April 10, 2013 at 4:21 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

now the boys are 2 points ahead of 9th place........and 5 back of the damn Laffs

April 11, 2013 at 12:43 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Only way to break the streak is start playing playoff hockey - finish check 100% of the time, play simple, play fast. Everyone else is doing it. Both the Leafs and Rangers were doing it tonight.

The Sens one big weakness is not being able to break out of their own zone. They lollygag with the puck even when they do have time to break out. Own worst enemy.

April 11, 2013 at 1:09 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

The Sens appear to have recalled Jean-Gabriel Pageau. If you count Milaaan, the Sens have 15 forwards on roster.

If it means Kassian will sit next game, I'm all for it.

It's difficult to give my ideal line-up, because there are 2 lines I don't want to break up. I'd like to give Pageau minutes with Alfie, but I doubt giving him first line minutes is a proper thing to do. Here they are:

Latendresse - Turris -Alfie
OOHAH - Zibby - Conacher (Sorry Pan, not totally sold yet).
Greening - Smith - Neil (like this line)
Pageau - JO'B - Condra

Guess that means I leave 3 lines intact there. I think it's good to develop chemistry in the regular season, in the Play-offs it's a bit too late. I also like to sit Smith for a game, just to wake him up, but I only see a possibility if Michalek comes back. Don't know if we have enough centres however, because Regin is not a viable alternative. Can Pageau play centre? On the other hand letting Smith play with Alfie and Latendresse might wake him up as well, as Kardinal suggested.

Michalek - Turris - Alfie
OOHAH - Zibby - Conacher
Greening - JO'B - Neil
Latendresse - Pageau - Condra

Would that work?

Oh how things would become easier if Spezza returned...!

....or is it?

Michalek - Spezza - Alfie
Latendresse - Turris - Conacher
OOHAH - Zibby - Pageau/Hoffman?
Greening - Smith - Neil

or

Michalek - Spezza - Conacher
Latendresse - Turris - Alfie (all of these need a little less minutes and will profit from lesser competition, not that Alfie needs that of course, but it would probably mean he would dominate even more).
OOHAH - Zibby - Pageau/Hoffman
Greening - Smith - Neil

Wouldn't mind this line-up!

April 11, 2013 at 2:39 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Marchand should be out for at least a week. But if he's in the line up or not, the Sens will find a way to lose that game.

April 11, 2013 at 3:17 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

i still say bring in a busload of slump busters.

April 11, 2013 at 9:12 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Here's how the morning skate looks in Philadelphia:

Latendresse - Turris - Alfredsson
Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Kassian - Smith - Neil
Greening - Pageau - Condra

That's a smash-mouth 3rd line!

Rinaldo is not in the lineup, Zolnerchuk is no longer with the team, and Rosehill is now with the Flyers.

April 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

looks like it might be Lehner in tonight.

April 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

i told ya! they bussed in the slump busters!

April 12, 2013 at 10:21 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell