Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > SCU Episode 18 ready

Funny how the Iginla news breaks AFTER we're done recording. :)

March 28, 2013 at 12:38 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Makes for a good topic the next show!

March 28, 2013 at 4:54 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Yeah I agree. I'm just thankful he didn't go to Toronto or Boston.. lol.

March 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Boston had a choice, but chose Daugavins!

Or...?

March 28, 2013 at 10:11 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Listening to Pierre McGuire on TGOR and he's basically saying that the Flames were screwed big time in this Iginla trade---if the Sens have to play the Pittspukers this playoff season that's going to be tough.
I swear some of you guys on the podcast and Russell would be better GM's than some of these guys now running teams.

This trade of Iginla, the Nash trade and the Semin extension and who thinks any of those were good trades or signings.

March 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Shane Doan has got to be happy today after signing that long term deal in Phoenix

March 28, 2013 at 12:53 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

People forget in the Iginla deal that he's a RENTAL. No doubt, the Flames could have gotten more/better quality prospects, but not by much. There's no guarantee he stays with the Pens next year. That being said, Fester should have twisted Shiro's arm for one of their highly projected D prospects like Dallas did.

March 28, 2013 at 3:49 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

LMAO on the golden CSI cheese in this episode.

I also agree with the diving penalty. It should be called on it's own, or at least call the hook, but then have the diving penalty be a double minor. As it stands now, divers have nothing to lose by diving. Most of the time, their team will get a PP and the worst case scenario is that it's offsetting penalties.

March 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

no one's forgetting he's a rental but all Calgary gets is a very low 1st round pick out of this--like u said they should have held out for one of the million or so upper level D prospects the Pukes have.

March 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

It seems that when it comes time to trade a Nash, Ignla, or Luongo the market is very picky about what it gives up. No one is in a rush to give away their future for one of these guys. I guess they are NOT quite the hot commodity that the sports media tell us they are. In a post-2004 NHL it's all about internal development of prospects and signing your few key players to long deals no matter what it costs. Doesn't leave much room to bid up an Ignla, Nash, or Luongo in a trade.

March 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Don't tell Burke!

March 28, 2013 at 9:22 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Here's my email points from last summer. Obviously some of these have had even more impacts.

I wanted to also prepare a few more facts for you. Here are some world events which have happened since May 4, 2004...the last time the Leafs played in the playoffs.

the last episode of Friends aired; The TV show Lost airs for the first time and runs for 6 seasons
South Africa was AWARDED the FIFA World Cup, and the tournament was PLAYED 6 years later, it is also played in Germany
The Summer Olympics are held in Athens...and Bejinging....and will be played in London, and is awarded to Rio de Janeiro
The winter Olympics are held in Turino...and Vancouver...and is awarded to Suchi.
Paul Martin leads the liberals to a minority government, later replaced by Stephen Harper who wins 2 elections
Lance Armstrong wins his 6th Tour de France
George W. Bush is re-elected, Barack Obama is elected
Fidel Castro resigns his presidency of Cuba
Vladimir Putin is replaced as President of Russia
the Liberal Leaders changer from Paul Martin to Bill Graham to Stephane Dion to Michael Ignatieff to Bob Rae.
The Expos move to Washington
The Earthquake in the Indian Ocean causes a tremendous tsunami affecting Southeast Asia. Haiti also suffers a devastating earthquake along with Japan years later
Youtube is founded
Pope Jean Paul II dies
Prince Charles marries Camilla Parker Bowles, and 6 years later, Prince William marries Kate Middleton (hopefully Kate will be a gues on the new podcast)
Saddam Hussein is captured, Osama bin Laden is killed 7 years later
Steve Jobs announces the first generation of iPhone and passes away 4 years later
the Channel Tunnel is opened to passengers for high speed rail between London and Paris (Ottawa awaits the O-Train)
Stock markets tumble amid US housing crisis, US Banks are bailed out, and Greece is bailed out.
Bernard Madoff is charged for his Ponzi scheme

March 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Listened to you guys talking about Regin and Daugavins.

Every night when I'm saying my prayers I pray that Murray will play O'Brien more and Regin and Greening less.

Bryan, let it go. They didn't work out. I know O'Brien is a Muckler pick but it's embarassingly obvious why you don't play him!

March 29, 2013 at 3:30 AM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

So how long can Turdarelli hang on in NY? Sather has got to be considering a change. Oh wait. If Sather starts firing people for failing, he would have to fire himself.

March 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

are you kidding? Sather is going to trade for Semin. that will be the answer.

March 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Sather's off on cancer treatment, so I don't think they're going to shake things up right now. The Moose is being groomed and would be neat to see as a GM with Gretzky behind the bench....granted I don't think he wants back in the league as long as Bettman's there.

March 29, 2013 at 4:50 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan