Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Trade Center 2013

Re the trade: we will see.

Re Shredder: good to see you on here, bro.

April 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM | Registered CommenterBoingy

you hear that Russell, tj doesn't hate us. Season's not over yet though....

April 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I think the Conacher trade is a good deal. I mean let's be fair, Bishop is an outstanding goalie but he's still a backup goalie. We got a good player for a backup goalie that we essentially got for free last year.

April 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

no reason to worry Homer, unless u and Russell end up pulling for the Leafs or the Pukes I promise not to hate either of you.

April 3, 2013 at 10:53 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

@Shredder (BTW: long time no-'see', good to have you 'back').
"Now we're going into the playoffs with an injured goalie and 2 young goalies with no playoff experience.

If we'd kept Bishop, the same would have been true.

@Russell
For Lehner it's just a step up. Remember at this moment he's still on a two way deal and a call-up. Why would he be a starter the very next season? He's still only 21. We know he's very good, but the starter job is his to win. Anderson is also very good, remember? Let him be the back-up on a fresh new contract... he's still on his ELC next year. But he'll be eligible for an extension and since he's seen as the future, he'll no doubt get it.

Did you know that, if it weren't for the last game, Lehner had more AHL-playoff minutes under his belt than NHL-minutes... And we would be thinking starter? He has it in him, no doubt, but another season won't hurt him.

@Boingy
If we look back at the Turris trade, the sentiment was about the same. Not looking too bad now, is it? There's a fair chance the Sens talked to him in draft interviews...he went undrafted so I don't know about that.

April 4, 2013 at 3:11 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

If we make the playoffs, bonus. But I seriously doubt we are going further than the first round. We are set in nets for the next few years and while I think we could have gotten more for Bishop, we did get a young guy who appears to have some offensive ability. I think with everybody back next year, except maybe Alfie, we are only going to be 1 or 2 players from being a very good team.

April 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

we are only going to be 1 or 2 players from being a very good team.

I can't believe you said that... sounds like something said south on the 401

April 4, 2013 at 11:11 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

hey now! friends don't call friends leafers.

April 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I wonder if you could say this Conacher kid is like a Brad Marchand but with less crap disturber in him. Small, fast, has a scoring touch and apparently is a bit of a pain in the butt to play against. Murray said that Bingo hated playing against him in the Ahl.

April 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"I can't believe you said that... sounds like something said south on the 401"

Homer you moron, I stick by what I said. You look at teams like Pitspuke and Bruins and even if everyone was healthy we would be the underdogs. If Gonchar is not resigned, and Alfie retires, we will need help. Guys like Silfverberg, Turris and Zibanejad may become the scorers we need some day but they need to prove they can go out there and do it every night. I would like to see them bring in a big winger who can score 20 plus a year. Preferably as a free agent so we don't have to trade away a young prospect or give up draft picks. We need more secondary scoring. Some of the guys like Smith, Greening and Condra need to step up their offensive output. And as much as some people like to trash Gonchar, he has been invaluable this year. If Karlsson and Cowen come back 100 per cent, we should be OK But it would be nice to add a veteran D man. We will have a good team next year and years to come but if the Sens are going to try and make a run deep into the playoffs next year, we will need to add a couple of bodies just like the contenders are doing this year.

April 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

i wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Condra to step up his scoring.

hey maybe a Homer and Senior podcast?

April 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"we will need to add a couple of bodies just like the contenders are doing this year."

How many people thought the Kings to be a real contender at last year's trade deadline? Once you're in, everyone can win. Ok, sure certain people need to step things up (big time) but if you just manage to evade your nemesis, you should be able to go far.

April 5, 2013 at 5:28 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

It's true that the playoffs are anyone's game and there are teams in playoff spots that scare me with the amount they're padding up this year. However, look at how Pittsburgh got demolished Wednesday night by New York. I know they didn't have Crosby right now, but in the playoffs all it takes is a couple bad games and you're gone. Or, all it takes is a couple stellar nights from your goalie, or scoring from secondary sources you didn't except, and suddenly you're looking at a cup run.

I also agree with Senior that your chances greatly improve with more talent. The Senators talent should not be undermined, we have an excellent goalie, great forwards (Spezza will probably be back in the playoffs, Mich might be done though until next year) and solid D (who also just happens to be injured).

Would getting Jagr have increased our changes for a cup run? Probably. Does it mean you NEED Jagr to win the cup? No.. LA didn't have him last year.

April 5, 2013 at 11:15 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery