Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Trade Center 2013

Could have gotten Stamkos if Murray had thrown in Lundin.

Now that's being a Homer.... :)

April 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

@Shredder I think Bishop has proven what he's capable of now.

And I'm pretty sure BM wouldn't trade Bishop away if Andy wasn't ready to come back...

Just my 0.02$ (it's Canadian Tire money, take it for what it's worth).

April 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Blue Jackets trade Steve Mason to Flyers. poor guy, you have to feel for him going to the goalie graveyard

April 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I remember when Ottawa was the goalie graveyard...

Feels nice to be on the outside of that one for a change :P

April 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

On a different topic... what happens to Shero if Pittspuke gets swept in the first round?

April 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Hilarity ensues

April 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I'm ok with it, although i think Bishop will be a great goalie for tampa. Conacher is tiny so i hope he's as tough as St.Louis, and that he's not a flash in the pan. but it helps us now and hopefully for years to come. we needed more top end skill.

This also means that we basically have 2 #1 goalies, as Lehner has proved he's ready. how long can that last? you don't want lehner sitting on the bench behind Andy, not developing. But, andy was going to win the vezina! great for us fans but can it work for long?

April 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@Russell I'd rather see Lehner as back up here getting games than in Bingo. He gets cranky when he's down there :P

April 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Just heard Steve Simmons saying Bishop was getting "exposed" the more he played. just goes to show you these so-called experts really don't know anything if its not wearing a leaf sweater.

i really don't know anything about this Conacher kid so i'll reserve judgement on him. But lots of folks on twitter saying Tampa got hosed. I don't think they have any idea how good Bishop is.

April 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Morons. They seem to think the bolts got the better of this deals.

I would have thought that we could have bundled Bishop and maybe a Smith or a Greening and gotten proven goal scorer.

April 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

We got a new top scorer O.o

April 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

My guess is, if Murray wants Lehner up with the Sens, the other option was to possibly lose Bishop for nothing...

Scratch that, I thought Bishop was UFA after this season.

April 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Aaah, I missed those Shredder goalie rants... :))

Yes, Conacher is a small guy but so is Gallagher from Montreal, and he's a BIG pain in the arse to many opponents (right in front of the net).

Love the trade. The Sens get a young guy that fits right in with the core of young players growing together. He's got skill and grit. Would love to see him with Alfie and Turris or Silfverberg and Zibanejad.

April 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

NHL on TSN ‏@NHLonTSN

Wade Redden is a Boston Bruin. #TradeCentre

April 3, 2013 at 3:27 PM | Registered CommenterHomer
April 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Chara and Redden, together again.

MUCKKKKKKLLLLLEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

true story; some guy who works for FEDEX called Team 1200 this morning, said the Sens were shipping something to Tampa. thought it was an indication of a possible deal. Suck THAT, Garrioch!

April 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 1m

Craig Anderson is healthy & ready to play now according to GM Bryan Murray."

April 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Mehhhhhhh.......I dunno about this trade. Conacher is in his first season in the NHL. I would have been a lot happier with someone who had proven his chops a bit more, or at least with a higher draft pick to go along with him. A 4th rounder? Really? Yeesh.

April 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM | Registered CommenterBoingy

like most trades, time will tell. just happy we didn't add an old vet who won't be around long and who's better days are past.

April 3, 2013 at 5:11 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

so, the sens will face Redden in Boston on April 15th. BUCKLE UP!!!!

no?

April 3, 2013 at 5:20 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Redden is not a bad D-man... just not worth what NYR offered him...

The Sens knew it, he didn't :P

April 3, 2013 at 5:46 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

St.Louis gave up on him quickly, he didn't even stand out in the AHL. not to be mean to the guy, but he's done.

April 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Holy crap... I stay away from the internet for 10 hours and all this happens? Did everybody give the word to make up for the lack of transactions during the last three trade deadlines and fool with the minds of the sports press?

Re: the Penguins deals, I find their karma a bit weird... they win the Iginla sweepstakes but Crosby gets a broken jaw? Should I feel bad for wishing Crosby stays out for the rest of the year?

April 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM | Registered Commenterdata_sprite12

Just got in to read this thread---and Russell and Homer are still the 2 quickest wits on here. Both of u are hilarious.

Shredder u need to post a little more--You always have good takes and don't suck :-)

Conacher really did have a good feature about how he got to the NHL and all the hard work and obstacles he had to overcome mostly because of his size. He's 23 and can grow with the young foundation in place--to get someone good u have to usually give up something good (unless u are dealing with Columbus or Calgary)

It would be tremendous if Pittspuke crapped out in the first round, but not holding my breath

April 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln