Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Trade Center 2013

Pittsburgh: AFI

(all f*ing in)

March 28, 2013 at 1:42 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Just when I heard a few experts say Pittsburgh was out of the sweepstakes... Scary team. Would make for a nice second round match up!

March 28, 2013 at 4:56 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Wow, Pittsburgh are banking the future on a cup won this year

Broken all down, in order to get

Jarome Iginla
Douglas Murray
Brenden Morrow
3rd-Round Pick (2013) (Dallas)

They gave up

Ben Hanowski LW drafted 2009 in 3rd round, 63rd overall, 7.0 propect talent score on http://www.hockeysfuture.com
Ken Agostino LW drafted 2010 in 5th round, 140th overall, 7.0 propect talent score on http://www.hockeysfuture.com
Joe Morrow D drafted 2011 in 2nd round, 28th overall, 7.5 propect talent score on http://www.hockeysfuture.com
1st round pick in 2013
2nd cound pick 2013
conditional 2nd round in 2014
5th round pick in 2013

The three players they acquired are all UFAs at the end of the year and Pittsburgh have 16 players signed next year at $53.7M and have $10.6M left in cap space.

March 28, 2013 at 6:42 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Note to self: cancel appointment with Aaron Ward's stock broker.

March 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I still wouldn't make that dumbass trade. #JayFleecedster

March 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Courtesy of Travis Yost at hockeybuzz.com the Calgary sun is reporting Ottawa is in on JBo.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/03/20/trade-rumours-follow-flames

March 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM | Registered CommenterCuckelson

LOL@Russell

is Rutherford insane Russell?

March 28, 2013 at 4:28 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

in about a year, the owner of the Canes will be down in Rutherford's office, kneeling over him and slapping him like a girl #semincontract

March 28, 2013 at 5:40 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I don't think it'll take a year for that to happen.

Maybe Rutherford will have Semin on hand to defend him, bongo drum style.

March 28, 2013 at 6:37 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

It just occurred to be that Shero on the Bruins may be the ultimate chimp on frog.

April 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

..........did anyone see Jagr just went to the Bruins?

/cry

Don't do it Jaromir! It's a trap!

April 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Diving Derek Roy goes to the Canucks (who have a great diving team).

And now Clowe is gone to NYR in exchange for 3 picks, none of which are a 1st rounder (and one is dependent on him re-signing with NYR or NYR winning two playoff series).

April 2, 2013 at 7:07 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Breaking news---the Senators are listening to offers on Ben Bishop!!!!!!!!

More breaking news later............

April 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

So how has TSN been able to keep up with all the trade activity so far?

April 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

lots of speculation about Bishop. If I'm Murray, i don't trade him for less than a 1st and a player/prospect. seems high but considering we got him for a second when he was an AHL'er, now he pretty much looks like a quality NHL starter, his value is waaayyyyy up. if i couldn't get that, I'd just keep him.

April 3, 2013 at 12:14 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Am of the same opinion, Russ, but I'm getting called a "homer" for it by other Sens fans who think it's unrealistic (no offence to the real Homer :)
Buy low, sell high. But for most Sens fans they want to buy low and sell realistically.

Plenty of teams out there that need stable goaltending...

...And how crazy is it that here we are talking about trading AWAY solid goaltending?!?! Hats off to Murray.

April 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

No offense taken.

I say no trade unless it's a really good deal. If the best offer is a 2nd rounder, then keep him and make a trade this summer as we can probably get a 2nd rounder at that time anyway. He'd be more valuable to us for the run to the playoffs than trading him for the sake of making a trade. I'd rather get a player in return as we have lot's of prospects. There could be a 3-way deal where one team gets Bishop, the other prospect/pick and we get a roster player that can help us right away and maybe a draft pick..

April 3, 2013 at 12:38 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Bishop to Tampa. I called that last week!

April 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Is Andy good to go?

It better be for Lecavalier or St-Louis or both...

April 3, 2013 at 2:09 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Stamkos?

April 3, 2013 at 2:10 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Or Stamkos...

you didn't let me finish... :P

April 3, 2013 at 2:10 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

F Cory Conacher
4th-Round Pick (2013)

9G 15A 24PTS in 35 Games this season
23 years old, $925,000 this and next year, then RFA

April 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I guess we can now officially welcome Lehner to the NHL?

April 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

they did a great feature on one of the networks when he was red hot earlier this year-- so there's that going for us

April 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I hate it!!! Bishop is a hell of a goalie. I would have kept him and traded Anderson over the summer. Anderson would get us a lot more in return because Bishop is still unproven. But I think the Sens would have been just fine with both Bishop and Lehner next year.

Now we're going into the playoffs with an injured goalie and 2 young goalies with no playoff experience.

Mark my words, we will regret this trade once we see what Bishop will do with Tampa over the next couple of years.

April 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM | Registered CommenterShredder