Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Sens at Capt. Hindgrinder

Did anyone see the NYI splash?

http://islanders.nhl.com/?navid=nav-teamnav-nyi

Yikes!

March 19, 2013 at 10:06 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

OMG why doesn't Spider-Man come to the Winnipeg Arena lol

March 19, 2013 at 10:26 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

from what I read and hear Gryba had a bad game--is this an ongoing problem with him? I watched the last few games and he seemed to be playing well to me.

March 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

might be a little bit of over-reaction about Gryba. he's making mistakes but in the grand scheme, he's doing very well and this year will be huge for his development. maybe expectations are just rising a bit now with the team's success.

March 20, 2013 at 12:29 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Love Gryba's physicality and skating ability. Right now he's struggling with the pace and decision making.

I've been watching him specifically and noticing that he usually takes some of those bad stick penalties and has some terrible giveaways in the Sens zone. He'll either fan on a puck 2-3 times during a good breakout, or he'll just put it right on the tape of the other team, or he'll randomly ice it when he has time to do something else.

He's a good player and will be really good for the Sens, but I just think it's time for him to go down to Bingo and catch his breath. Needs a little more seasoning.

Someone was saying Sens can't call up Lebda due to contract issues? Is that true? Do the Sens not have him on a two-way or are they at their 50-man contract limit?

March 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Think I read on the Silver Sevens blog that Gryba cannot be protected as much as the Stache would like. They compared the minutes and competition of the D-rookies of the past years. Gryba plays on average 2 - 3 mins more than Cowen did. That's all because of the Karlsson injury. Again, let's view this as a huge training camp with Gryba getting valuable experience. If Murray wants to keep Gonch, I can even see Gryba being moved.

March 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru