Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Sens Clinic

injury clinic that is....

Surprised that we don't have a thread for this. Probably a good thing since it probably would have crashed the server.

Michalek is undergoing knee surgery in NY. Sens are hoping to have him back for the playoffs.

Should probably have gotten the surgery done a month ago.

March 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

whoops, sorry. I thought this said free clinic.

March 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

i believe I said I smelled surgery in 9mm's near future. got to wonder if he'll ever be right again.

March 19, 2013 at 5:40 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Ehhm Homer, maybe opening this Underground Clinic caused some bad luck....

Seems Methot is in our clinic as well. I'm very sorry for him. Also for the team cause it will be hard to fill up these minutes as well. What I would be really sorry for though is, if Methot's day-to-day turns out to be like Anderson's, that Murray has to offer up a piece of our future (be it a pick or a prospect) just to help out this season.

March 20, 2013 at 9:50 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

I know, I was thinking the same thing.

On a different note... Boy am I glad spring is here.

March 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

I hate you all so much.

The windchill was -35 this morning. MINUS THIRTY FIVE

March 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

SD, those sunny photos were from last March. It's not -35, but got about 15cm of snow yesterday.

March 20, 2013 at 12:05 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Lundin and Dziurzynski were both on the ice today for practice. Methot, Gonchar, Phillips, Alfredsson and Latendresse were not.

....and SD, if you click on the small pictures below the big one in the article that Homer linked to, you can see what the comparison is between last years 25C heatwave and this years we've-still-got-a-crapload-of-snow looks like.

March 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

ha ha sorry... I just... was so angry when I woke up this morning and saw the -35. Good to see the rest of the country (except probably Vancouver and Toronto) is as disappointed at spring than we are.

I think last year at this time all our snow was gone too

March 20, 2013 at 4:08 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

trying to find spring this year is like trying to find an African-American girlfriend with Tiger Woods.

HEY YOOOOOO!!!!!!

March 20, 2013 at 4:12 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Russell, don't be racist. That's your first warning. It should be your 15725353729th warning, but it is your first.

March 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

hey, its not racist. the man seems to have an eye for blondes, that's all. but point taken about my count getting up there. go figure you did the math on that one.

oops.

March 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

How did this turn from a clinic into a weather channel into a 'am-not/am-too'-shout match about racism? All within 10 posts?

Was that you Homer, trying to get rid of the curse of the Underground Clinic?

March 21, 2013 at 4:49 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

OK back to clinic talk then... Does anyone know anything on Anderson? At first I was like, "Oh, he'll back in a week or so." Then, "Oh he can't be out more than a month" Now it's like, "uh... what happened to this guy?"

March 21, 2013 at 11:00 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

The team has been pretty tight-lipped about Anderson, especially of late. He did a few "twirls of the ice" (Coach's term) but I haven't heard much since then. I'm not sure if I can read anything into the change from "day-to-day" to "indeterminate" as an injury status.

Add Gonchar to the clinic; no word on why he left the game in the 3rd period other than he'll be reevaluated tomorrow. If we need another D from Bingo, I'm not sure who it'll be as Borocop is hurt. Lebda? Eckford?

March 22, 2013 at 1:14 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I think we're down to Brad Marsh on the depth chart.

March 22, 2013 at 7:57 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

better than Kravchuck

March 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Kravchuck would fit with the team's current trend of difficult names to spell/pronounce, but I think Neckar would be a better fit in that regard.

March 22, 2013 at 9:40 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Still can't believe that they traded Steve Duchesne for Igor Kravchuck...

March 22, 2013 at 9:16 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

We might decide it's better to close the Underground Clinic, nothing but bad luck.

Now Gonchar? Come on!

March 23, 2013 at 7:03 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

If we closed it, where would Ivan White go to get his penicillin?

March 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@Russell
You've got a point there. Well doesn't Toronto have something like 'A Foot in the Clinic' or something?

March 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

GOOD NEWS!

Craig Anderson is out on the ice in full gear and working with Rick Walmsley.

March 25, 2013 at 10:04 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

LOL@Labru

how lucky are we that Andy is close to returning and we can be like, ennh, whatever. take your time. we haven't even missed our starting goalie! how many teams could say that?

March 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@Russell
With you there. Imagine if we had Elliot and Gerber or something. Yikes. In that case Andy couldn't come back soon enough. Injured or not, just save us! Now goaltending is the least of our worries.

March 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru