Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Jets @ Senators

Not in the least. He's every bit the D-man he was in Florida, he's a crazy good skater and knows how to score. He was used in the wrong way in Calgary. Paul MacLean knows how to use his players. Karlsson L1, J-Bo L2 and Wiercoch L3. We're not low on cap space and he's a worthwhile investment. He's 28 I think so just into the prime of his career. With proper usage on this team he would dominate.

March 17, 2013 at 6:27 PM | Registered CommenterCuckelson

he scores, he fights and unfortunately he does cheap shots too

March 17, 2013 at 6:27 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

yeah, Perry would be great but there will be lots of suitors for him.

March 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

forearm shivers to Senators faces are not penalties no matter what Dean or Denis say

March 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I think Perry is a given to come to Ottawa. Brian Murray drafted him and he wants to play in Ontario from what I read. Would he rather play with Spezza and Karlsson or whoever and jake Gardiner

March 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM | Registered CommenterCuckelson

yeah, Perry would be great but there will be lots of suitors for him.

... that's okay. We'll offer them Regin!

... ((crickets))) ...

March 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

if the Sens want to really contend with Boston and the likes, they are going to need someone like him--of course Toronto and any team with Cap space if going to bid on him. It's going to be over 8M per year to get him

March 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

It's going to be over 8M per year to get him

yeah, but we can offer him the Stanley Cup discount....

... ((more crickets))) ...

March 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

surprise surprise these officials are horsesh*t today

March 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Ontario, sure - but won't he want to play in Toronto though? That's where every player dreams of playing ... right?!?

... (((still more crickets))) ...

March 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

I would love to see him in Ottawa. I think he might team well with Cowen.

March 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

We have tons of cap room and with a couple signings we are a cup contender. Look at what they do with an AHL roster

March 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM | Registered CommenterCuckelson

i thought it was an NHL rule that all free agents/trades have to go to Philly?

March 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

and somehow the f**king Flyers will be bidding on Perry, where do those jackasses come up with the money?

March 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

LOL@Russell I really didn't see u had written that before I posted

March 17, 2013 at 6:34 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

ok, Dean and Denis are REALLY going full homer today.

March 17, 2013 at 6:34 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

but its true, TJ. seems like the flyers always have about a $200 million salary cap!

March 17, 2013 at 6:35 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

... A) they keep selling off locks of Hartnell's hair, and B) they copyrighted the phrase "Suck it, Phaneuf!" They get 5 bucks every time someone says it now ... #goldmine

March 17, 2013 at 6:36 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

didn't the Flyers offer SheaWeber something like 14M for this season---they must have a special dispensation from the NHL offices

March 17, 2013 at 6:37 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

LOL@Puddleduck

March 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Flyers and rangers seem to have unlimited cap space and Devils are up against the cap and I can only name 2 players on their team. I can't figure it out.

March 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

remember when nyr got nash and everyone automatically thought they were the team to beat? just goes to show you the big name guy doesn't always work. sometimes, pesky is better.

March 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I have no problem with the 2 Ds going full homer. Alternative is CBC or TSN announcers who believe they are the home announcers for what ever team the Sens are playing.

March 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

So, we can call them the Double D's?

March 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Alternative is CBC or TSN announcers who believe they are the home announcers for what ever team the Sens are playing.

Bob Cole: "... yes, indeedy! The Winnipeg Jets are playing great against this Ottawa Sens team here tonight ... especially that young defenseman Grant ... something ... hmmm, I seem to have lost track of him on the ice down there ... I was sure I just saw him ..."

March 17, 2013 at 6:47 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck