Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > SCU Episode 16 is up!

So GO ON!!!!! and listen :)

March 15, 2013 at 12:39 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

You guys should do a podcast from the Senate on Clarence St. Maybe even record during a game. Just a thought.

March 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

We're looking into a location. Definitely a little worried about ambient noise and the same tech issues with ep. 15. We will have to do a get together soon though!

March 15, 2013 at 1:33 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

I'm not worried about the same tech issues as ep. 15. :) Seriously, that was just a rookie mistake with the inputs, and nothing to do with us being in the same room (or our mics).

March 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

I think the ambient noise would add to the atmosphere :) you could be tucked away in a corner with enough privacy

You could grab some quotes/interviews from some fans or RSU members for some reactions to the games, stuff around the nhl (re-alignment) etc.

Glad you're looking into it.

A get together is a must.

March 15, 2013 at 11:09 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

... posting a sign that says 'Free Beer' might also help ... just sayin' ...

March 15, 2013 at 12:00 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Yeah, "will drink FREE BEER!"

Your discussion about Karlsson, however brief, was interesting. The kid was still leading the team in goals until recently and close to top of the NHL d-men charts. Just goes to show you the rate he was going at earlier in the year before the injury. He's like the Crosby for dmen in terms of point scoring. Without all the whining of course. Just the hockey sense and ability.

Aaahhh... I get to mad thinking about what it could have been. I hope he can come back close to 100%

There's no doubt in my head he would have been a back to back Norris winner because he would have been top 5 in scoring in the entire NHL. And his defensive game had notably improved. There wasn't a game that I didn't notice him own someone in the defensive end.

March 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Sens don't need Eager (instead of Kassian). He wouldn't fit in the locker room. May as well get Kaleta.
Did you read the story about Eager and his brother getting arrested in Toronto... the "do you know who he is? do you know he's an nhl player?" story?

yeah, no thanks.

He was real good for the Hawks in the cup run but it doesn't seem he's at the same level

March 15, 2013 at 1:41 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

In regards to Alfie vs Rinaldo, wasn't Phillips tangled up with Fedotenko (not to mention Fedotenko's stick up Phillips' face for the entire time)?

March 15, 2013 at 2:14 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Here's the tape:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9uhI8lJlDX4
Phillips is slow to initiate....and seriously? Fedetenko? And he just hugs him...fight back!

Here's Ottawa and Buffalo
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=49sqgSv5SE0
Phillips just holds Kaleta down and just walks away (Roughly 1:40 in)
Notice Comrie getting in there and having to reach WAY up.

Here's Ottawa Philly brawl. Notice that Phillips is on to end the game.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R-8KFucyr-8

At 6'3 and 221 lbs, and an A on his chest, just not good enough. (And there goes any chance at Big Rig promotions)

March 15, 2013 at 10:58 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Schnee-schny-schnappy....schanappie schnappie schnapp!

March 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM | Registered CommenterBoingy

Pan is right. There's a long history on this team of failing to protect our Captain. It's the one black mark on this organization if there has to be one.

On the other hand, you gotta remember context... Back then the coaches would rather the team not retaliate and get the 2pts, and "deal with the problem later" when it is more convenient.

With Stache, stuff is not allowed to fester - case in point Boyle getting the beatdown last playoffs when he went after EK65.

Bottom line, it comes from the coach/leadership on this team at the top. Stache wants ppl to take care of business, old school. Just another reason to love and trust the Stache, I guess.

March 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

that's cuz stache was a player and he gets it.

March 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

since the Stache has been coach I don't remember anyone taking cheap shots at Alfie, and the Rinaldo dust up was Alfie burying that bastard into the boards and getting thrown out.

Canuck loved the way you said you hated over and over the new realignment--it does put Ottawa at a competitive disadvantage having to face Boston, Montreal and Detroit each and every year in playoffs. It's going to be a nasty division to ever come out of

March 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Well, Stache was around for the Wolski hit on Alfie.

March 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

man, u don't forget anything--I did forget that damn hit

March 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I have a borderline Rain Man memory about hockey. Especially Sens. Kinda neat in the forums, yet kinda sad in real life.

March 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

The Wolski hit was a perfect example of the Sens keeping cool to finish the game and win 2pts. But it doesn't take away from the fact he was head hunting the captain and not 1 guy pummeled him to the ice.

The Hagelin hit also comes to mind.

Oh well, they seem to have righted that ship somewhat with Wiercioch and Phillips dropping the gloves immediately to help a fallen teammate.

I just love the fact Stache unleashed Carks and Neiler in the playoffs. If Murray did the same with McGrattan back in the 2007 finals that would have been awesome to see.

March 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg