Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Lehner or Bishop: let's hear it!

We haven't had a good, heated goalie debate around these parts in awhile and I know how much Senior likes them and we might even drag Shredder and Stooli into this one. So, let's hear it; Lehner or Bishop, and why?

March 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Can you reload the poll question?

March 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

GERBER!

March 13, 2013 at 4:25 PM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Lehner

He just looks to me more under control in the net, I thought Andy "just" had a sprained ankle and it wouldn't be long till he was back. Heard MacLean on radio say he wasn't skating so when the heck is he even coming back now?

I like Bishop but he's had 2 games where he was just awful and wasted high scoring games for the Sens. Well they were high scoring games for this years Senators anyway

March 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Bacon ! that is all I need

March 13, 2013 at 5:07 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

We're going to need both of them. We all know who's going to be here next year though.

March 13, 2013 at 7:12 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Lehrer is younger and already a better goalie. When he's Bishops age he'll be an Andy. When he's Andy's age he'll be a legend!

March 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM | Registered CommenterCuckelson

Definitely Lehner. Bishop is a back-up goalie and always will be (unless he goes to a team that desperately needs one like saaayy... Edmonton... Columbus... St.Louis this year apparently...).

You could see it in a few of the losses where he started that he just doesn't have the depth that Lehner does.

Lehner just lacks some NHL experience because he's way too good to just have sitting on the bench as a backup to Anderson. Also I agree w/TJ... I always though Anderson would be out for a few games at the very most.... maybe he tried to make chicken again =/

I remember back when Lehner was in the World Juniors and he threw a hissy fit in the goal, so I sometimes wonder if he has kind of an attitude, but maybe he's grown up a bit. I don't have access to local Ottawa media so I don't know if there's been any problems.

March 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

well, i'll have to go Stooli here and take the opposite side. I don't see much difference in skill between the two and Bishop's size is a def advantage, esp in shoot outs. And the way ottawa plays, with so many close games, those shoot out points are important.

lehner is more of a fiery, competitive guy, i guess, but that can sometime be a hinderance, if it gets out of control (hextall/emery). Bishop seems like a more level guy, not to high, not too low. I know he had a couple of bad games but i think the tampa one looked worse than it was. With the exception of the two big losses, Bishop has been stellar. This is not to say Lehner hasn't been very strong too, I just think people have been rushing to anoint him the next coming and have been looking past Bishop's strong play.

March 13, 2013 at 11:56 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Lehner is just meh in shoot-outs...

March 14, 2013 at 7:04 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Like them both. Lehner is acrobatic, quick reflexes, more likely to make spectacular stops. Bishop is more technical and uses his size to his advantage. At this point I think they are about equal.

March 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior