Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Broadway Blueshirts @ Sens

What in the flaming help did Canuck ever do to you, notapuckbunny? Poor guy can't catch a break ...

Puddleduck, I am not sure I can even respond as I am not sure what this is supposed to be referring to. Read my above response to Boingy.

February 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

Well, notapuckbunny, Ottawa has had more than its share of "personality" goalies (Exhibit A: Ray Emery). If "boring" is winning games, I'll take it.

And that was an important qualifier that I should have added: "Vezina trophy-candidate goalies who win games for Ottawa" (something which, to my knowledge, the fine Mr Lundqvuist has never done).

And I think Puddleduck's joke refers to Canuck's resemblance to Anderson. They've spoken about this on the podcast: Canuck has actually been mistaken for Anderson on at least one occasion.

February 24, 2013 at 7:19 AM | Registered CommenterBoingy

Lundqvist won the vezina last year. NPB, there's a difference in playing in NYC VS Ottawa. The band and bar would only destruct here, plus Lundqvist has made A LOT more money than Anderson who really just has become a starter when he joined Colorado. He's also a family man while lundqvist is single.

If he had the band and the bar etc. and would lose, you can sure as hell bet that the fans would jump on him for the extra curricular activities. Hell, even Phillips was getting dumped on after the lockout because people said he spent too much time at Big Rig. Plus owning that place doesn't really make Phillips a better player, or that much more interesting.

The problem with Anderson is that Lehner is known to be the goalie of the future, but with this youth and his short fuse, Anderson can steal you games and make the big save where you don't have to worry about having a young defense (with 3 guys in their first NHL season). Let Lehner be the goalie of the future IN the future, but for now, Anderson is exactly who the team needs.

Yes, Lehner will be great but as shocking as it is, this team is in the playoff picture at least for now, and we have to keep it that way

February 24, 2013 at 8:06 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

i can't believe this conversation is even happening.....

February 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

It's ottawa. It goes hand in hand with goalie controversies

February 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

I just read this article on TSN "SIEGEL: LEAFS DEALT DESERVED FATE IN LAST-MINUTE LOSS" and I scrolled down to the comments to find this:
"Dont know what it was, but either the puck or the ice didn't seem ready for the game either..."

He/She continues to say that the Leafs "stunk this one out" but how lame do you have to be to blame the puck or the ice for your bad play.

February 24, 2013 at 9:54 AM | Registered CommenterSensGab

"how lame do you have to be to blame the puck or the ice for your bad play.

Worked both ways, didn't seem to me any of the teams had it worse than the other.

February 25, 2013 at 4:53 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

He's also a family man while lundqvist is single.

Wrong!!!!!!!!

February 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

Well, notapuckbunny, Ottawa has had more than its share of "personality" goalies (Exhibit A: Ray Emery). If "boring" is winning games, I'll take it.

Yes I miss those Ray Emery days! He got a few starts in Chicago this year, aren't they 17-0-3 right now? Enough said on the subject, not a fan of Anderson, never have been never will be. Don't hate me for it, its just my opinion. I work with athletes, many current and former Olympic athletes. Its great when high calibre athletes can have personalities on (the ice in this case) and off the ice. Thats what attracts me in wanting to become a fan.

February 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

Is Lundqvist single!?

I mean *cough* I didn't know that

February 25, 2013 at 12:11 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Heh. No hate here, notapuckbunny. All's good.

My point about Emery wasn't that he is a poor goalie. Far, far from it. But you can't deny that he became a pretty disruptive and divisive figure in Ottawa, and that can be poisonous in team sports. "Personality" can be both a blessing and a curse. Barry Bonds, Terrell Owens, Lance Armstrong...there is a long list of athletes whose personalities have started to work against them at some point.

And, in the end, you know what attracts ME and makes me want to be a fan? At the risk of sounding like a certain C Sheen: "Winning." :-)

If Anderson contributes to that (or, in this season, if he helps keep Ottawa from sinking to oblivion), he could have the personality of a dead fish for all I care. His job is to stop pucks. He does that job very, very well. Good enough for me!

February 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM | Registered CommenterBoingy

And sorry to disappoint you, Spezzialdelivery, but Lundqvist is married.

And so, I think, are you!!!! ;-)

February 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM | Registered CommenterBoingy

Is Lundqvist single!?

I mean *cough* I didn't know that

No he's not and he is a family man, he and his wife welcomed a daughter not too long ago, infact I think it was during last season. She has been somewhat of a good luck charm for the Rangers.

February 25, 2013 at 3:11 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

I only know that Lundqvist is married with a kid because of this last year ...

February 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Duck, here is a pic of baby Lundqvist

February 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

Yes, I'm very happily married :D (seriously)

Baby Lundi is adorable.

I only know that Lundqvist is married with a kid because of this last year ...

Ha!

February 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery