Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > So where do we go from here.

I'd rather watch only Columbus play every night for 3 years than have Brad Marchand sullying our team!
........ maybe 2 years

March 2, 2013 at 1:32 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

This year's team has got to figure out these afternoon games ... it ain't looking good.

Did some quick math (remember - 1/8th Mandarin on my mother's side).

In 2010-11 season, Sens had 7 afternoon games total only won two of them (29% wins)
In 2011-12 season, they had 12 afternoon games and won 7 of them (58% wins)

In the current shortened season, we’ve already played 7 afternoon games – with only 2 in the win column and 5 losses. (29% wins again)

… one point I will note: of those 7 games, 6 were decided by 1 goal or less … so it possibly could have gone either way. But it didn't ...

Hello, coaching staff? Might want to look at how our boys are preparing for afternoon games differently … cause it ain’t workin’ well so far …

March 4, 2013 at 12:31 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

i hear Jezza could be back by early April so if they can hang around in or near a play-off spot until then.....

March 4, 2013 at 2:52 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Derek Grant sent down to Bingo today. This could mean (a) 9MM is close to returning, (b) Mark Stone is going to be brought up, (c) something else, or (d) nothing at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see Borocop brought up to be the 7th D on the road trip to TO and NYR if Lundin isn't cleared to play.

March 4, 2013 at 4:52 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

9MM is back in the lineup for the game against the blue team.

Mark Stone has been called up from Bingo and will wear #16.

Two shooters added to the lineup -- woohoo!

March 5, 2013 at 10:11 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I hear Murray may be looking for some toughness.

maybe he should sign this guy?

BADASS!

March 8, 2013 at 4:59 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

... to all those doubters saying we've been missing a big guy named Matt ... Murray found us another one!!!

March 12, 2013 at 11:03 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

ennh, can't hurt.

March 12, 2013 at 11:30 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I like it if the guys is not to big a liability when he's on the ice.

March 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

I guess Bryan Murray was tired of seeing Chris Phillips, Patrick Wiercioch and Kaspars Daugavins having to step up and try to fight for the Sens.
First Guillaume Latendresse, now Kassian. If the Senators keep taking Minnesota’s rejects, how long before Dany Heatley returns to the Sens?

this is from a website but I say hell yes to a Heater return!!!! <sarcasm>

March 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

TJ. You also forgot Lundin....I know, it's easy to forget him

March 13, 2013 at 8:17 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

I don't like the move personally.
Ottawa is the only team where the average TOI is (nearly)10mins or above. I like it that way, everybody contributes. Adding a player who plays 5 mins tops, takes away a spot from K-dawg or Regin or whoever. I know the Stache is a line juggler, but if you add one player that plays very little to the 4th line, you're constantly mixing your 3rd and 4th. I don't think we needed a 'tough guy' because I'd rather the whole team be tough: roll 4 lines and everybody is willing to step up for each other. It's not as if we were the joke of the league as far as toughness is concerned, were we? Plain fighting majors doesn't tell the whole story, IMO.
Ok, Phillips and Wiercioch stepped up and the team payed for it, but would those hits really have been prevented with Kassian on the bench? I doubt it. It just got magnified because of the visor BS, otherwise it would have just resulted in 7 mins each.
I don't mind the 6th rounder too much, but with good scouting there would have been great opportunities.

March 13, 2013 at 6:36 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

too bad stone didn't pan out...yet. I had hoped he would show us more. not his time yet, I guess.

March 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

agree Russell about Stone, it's painfully obvious that speed and skating are a real key to being a productive player.

March 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

......they say after 4 games played. Jeez guys.

March 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM | Registered CommenterCuckelson

The way we pull guys out of the farm system we just expect Stone will get points like he got that one off Spezza in the playoffs last year. He needs to go back down but we're so injured we might as well keep him up i guess. I thought Z-bad looked unready last year - now look at him. Stone needs AHL time the same way.

I want to see O'Brien and Wieroch get more minutes. They keep getting points without playing the minutes or without the same quality of line mates as other guys. Wieroch seems to be really aware of "lanes" out there when quarterbacking things.

March 15, 2013 at 1:17 AM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Re:Stone

just from what little I've seen of him, i see a real goal scorer in him but this time up, he showed nothing. he seems to have a nose for goal scoring but it didn't show in the last 4 games. still have faith in him. i was just hoping he would shine.

March 15, 2013 at 1:42 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

One guy who's been forgotten in the shuffle is Mike Hoffman. He really impressed with speed and shooting at the mini-training camp the beginning of the year. He was playing really well for Bingo, too.

We may see him up with the team next, provided he's fully healed from his injury.

Remember, he is as fast or faster than EK65?

March 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

From the friend of a friend file.
Apparently a certain western team contacted the Sens about the availability of Zach Smith to help add a bit of grit to help out some of their younger players. What they were offering didn’t interest Murray but what was interesting was the counter proposal he made. It supposedly had Smith, a goalie (which one my friend didn’t known) and a draft pick going west for one of their teams young stars (again which one is not known). However they wanted the draft pick to be a first rounder but Murray was only offering a second or third round pick.

March 16, 2013 at 12:57 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Zach Smith IMO is a very valuable piece that could possibly be moved. I like him a lot but a move like that would be VERY interesting. That payment seems similar than what was offered for Nash (Foligno, Lehner,ZBad and a 1st, I think?)...and that's for Nash! I can just imagine which team this would be...

Only thing is that right now with smith being on the first line really opens things up for Turris

March 16, 2013 at 3:23 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Smith, Bishop and 2nd rounder wouldn't net you Bobby Ryan--or Logan Couture who the Sharks would never trade at this point. Young star in the West--maybe someone from Colorado or Edmonton?
On another note if Edmonton gets the 1st overall again and take SethJones this time it will be just too over the top.

March 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

the oilers have an abundance of talent they could split with. they need a goalie and defence.

March 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Oilers could find themselves in the same position Chicago was a couple of years ago when all their young stars reach the point where they became restricted free agents and started asking for big money. They ended up having to dump players for cap reasons.

March 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior