Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > SCU Episode 12 is now available

Well, it will be available in a few minutes. We had some pretty fun topics tonight, but honestly we're all shell shocked by the loss of Karlsson.

February 14, 2013 at 12:41 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Now that the shock is mostly over...
I was honestly so upset when I came home from watching the game at my brother's place that my husband asked me what was wrong when I came through the door.

Now, I've always been a Senator's fan. But I really became more of a fan when I first watched Jason Spezza during the last lockout. So to me, Spezza being out was enough of a blow that I honestly debated for a few days afterwards if I was going to keep watching regularly.

I ultimately decided yes, of course I would. There was still Alfie, Turris, Michalek and Karlsson. And now with Karlsson out...

The only thing I wish is for Spezza and Karlsson to get well and not rush back prematurely to have longer lasting effects. We'll get over it... get better for next year guys. I'll keep watching. They're my team.

And at least...
we're not..
Toronto!

P.S to Pan - I'm about 5'3" (maybe) my driver's license says 5'4"...

February 14, 2013 at 10:20 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Don't you give up on us Spezzial Delivery !! Sens Army leaves no one behind.

February 14, 2013 at 10:39 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Another great episode, gents. Thanks for reading my mail about Sochi. (BTW, I think you said that they have agreed to revive the "World Championship" when you really meant "World Cup". The World Championship is that silly tournament that the IIHF schedules during the NHL playoffs every year in order to screw over Canada and the US. The World Cup is...well, another silly tournament.)

Still trying to digest the loss of Karlsson. Hopefully, his career isn't over, but his season almost certainly is. And of course, with Spezza already out for two months, this had to happen, didn't it? It just freaking HAD to. This was the backbreaker for the Sens' season. I have very little doubt about that now.

And it just HAD to be that piece of garbage Matt Cooke, didn't it? And on a play that should have been whistled dead, too. And no discipline for Cooke. NHL, you really are the joke that the rest of the sporting world thinks you are.

Oh, and what is the first team in line to feast on the depleted and deflated Senators on Saturday? The Leafs. In Ottawa. Oh, goody. This just keeps getting better and better.

What's next? Meteor strike? Zombie attack? Bring it on. Our luck can't get much worse.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but it is hard to see any rays of sunshine at this point. Fire up the tanks for the march to the end of the season. Maybe we can get Seth Jones out of all this. :-)

Boing boing to all,

B

PS: Pan, I just about drove off the road when you did the "Asian parent voice" ("Why you no work hahhderrrrrr?") I had my baby in the car, damn it. If you ever do that again and make me laugh that hard, I will hold you personally responsible for the safety of my family.

February 14, 2013 at 12:01 PM | Registered CommenterBoingy

Boingy, I just call that driving

February 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

I was in the Dentist chair and was listening to that Pan voice too and broke out laughing w/the hygienist fingers in my mouth. That was hilarious.

February 14, 2013 at 1:20 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

"Boingy, I just call that driving"

LMAO!!!! that's freaking funny.

February 14, 2013 at 3:40 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"What's next? Meteor strike? Zombie attack? Bring it on. Our luck can't get much worse."

Meteor tomorrow, Blue slime Zombies Saturday night. "Brains. We have no brains"

February 14, 2013 at 6:40 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

"Boingy, I just call that driving"

LMAO!!!! that's freaking funny.

Hey. I was in the parking lot of that Chinese store at the airport. It's not that funny.

February 14, 2013 at 6:44 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Blue slime zombies. I like that.

"Brains!!!! We have no brains!!!! Our highway has 12 lanes!!!! Yours only has 6!!!! Darcy Tucker rules!!!!! We are the Screaming Tree Zombies!!!!! Blehhhhhh...."

February 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM | Registered CommenterBoingy

Meteorite? You bet! (via @AP): BREAKING: A Russian emergencies official says at least one meteorite has fallen in Chelyabinsk region.

More here: Meteorite falls in Russian Urals

Russian officials say a meteorite has fallen in the Chelyabinsk region some 1,500 kilometers (930 miles) east of Moscow.

A spokesman for the Russian Interior Ministry, Vadim Kolesnikov, said the Friday morning fall caused a blast that broke windows.

There were no immediate confirmed reports of injuries, but Russian news agencies cited unnamed sources as saying several people were injured at a school in a thinly populated part of the region, which is on the eastern edge of the Ural Mountains.

February 15, 2013 at 12:53 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I laughed at Pan's reaction to Nathan Gerbe only being 5'5"

"THERE"S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT !!"

February 15, 2013 at 5:39 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

I know. I heard that story about the meteor strike this morning and thought "No. It can't be."

I'd better stop predicting the future because I can have some pretty dark thoughts. Be warned.

February 15, 2013 at 8:41 AM | Registered CommenterBoingy

well, let's see, Boingy. you nailed the meteor and we now have to deal with Laff fans tomorrow = brainless zombies. so, you're 2 for 2. don't suppose you foresee a beer truck crash out my way anytime soon?

February 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Holy Crap! Video clip of the meteor strike in Russia.

February 15, 2013 at 10:19 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

And holy crap... Video clip of Zombie Apocalype starring Pan

Meteor shower - check
Zombie Apocalypse - check

The Mayans were just a couple months off -- if they were Asian the math would have been more accurate.

February 15, 2013 at 11:31 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

"... Pan , why you not work harder??? You could have held off twice as many zombies ... so disappointing."

February 15, 2013 at 4:51 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

"And holy crap... Video clip of Zombie Apocalype starring Pan"

Anyone got the know how to change the zombies shirts to blue and white?

February 15, 2013 at 7:10 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

"And holy crap... Video clip of Zombie Apocalype starring Pan"

WTF!!!??? how did you manage to last to the end of an apocalypse? and what are you doing in a commercial!?

February 16, 2013 at 12:10 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Russell, I survived because I'm mobile. That's what Bryan Murray recommended, and it worked!

I was helping out a buddy for a contest by Kitchessipi Beer for a short movie festival. In fact, here's that short that I was also in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkUB5BbUc1k

You hit friggin' Hollywood with this guy! ;-)

February 19, 2013 at 7:25 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

"I was helping out a buddy for a contest by Kitchessipi Beer for a short movie festival. In fact, here's that short that I was also in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkUB5BbUc1k"

what in the sweet naked jesus was that!!!?? i want 7 mins of my life back!

February 19, 2013 at 8:16 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

And holy crap... Video clip of Zombie Apocalype starring Pan

WTF!!!??? how did you manage to last to the end of an apocalypse? and what are you doing in a commercial!?

When I heard the voice I couldn't stop laughing. I kept thinking one of the guys was going to yelll, "The numbers Pan, the numbers!"

February 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

> "what in the sweet naked jesus was that!!!?? i want 7 mins of my life back!"

NO REFUNDS SUCKAS!

February 20, 2013 at 6:03 PM | Registered CommenterCanuck