Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Karlsson a hockey genius?

It's not really a word that's thrown around in hockey all that often. If it were, would you place Erik Karlsson in that category? Maybe it's too early? Maybe he isn't proven in the playoffs? He just seems to be able to completely control the pace of a hockey game. Won the Norris last year, and yet seems to be getting better every game *this* year. What do you guys think?

February 6, 2013 at 6:11 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

... too early to say. Let his accomplishments from here on out speak for themselves ...

February 6, 2013 at 6:15 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

He definitely thinks the game incredibly well. Problem with that is he'll need teammates who do, too, or at least, listen to where he wants them to be on the ice.

I just hope they protect him and don't burn him out too quickly.

I am most impressed with all his time on the PK this year. It's like he heard all the naysayers last season and he set out to make a point this year - no biggie, I can take away the puck on the PK, too.

He knows his strengths and weaknesses, he's got confidence. Talent beyond belief. What more could you want as an athlete?!

All that being said, Sens should trade him while his stock is high. :P

February 6, 2013 at 6:51 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

In some ways he reminds me of Bobby Orr. He seems to see the game in slow motion and react to things faster than other players. And he has that extra gear that when he kicks it in, everyone around just cannot keep up.

February 6, 2013 at 6:54 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior